Blood Thirst

Chapter 13:

[Chapter 13:]

I woke up feeling dizzy. I tried to role over, but something was wrapped around me. It tightened then loosened around my waist. A cool breeze blew against my neck and I shivered. The time glowed off my alarm clock, it was three-thirty am.

I tried to role over again, since the thing wrapping around me loosened. When I came to a stop, I found I wasn't alone. Bright, golden eyes glared at me. I went to speck, but he covered my mouth with his finger. I melted, and he began to whisper.

“I brought you home before your mom came home. Ambellina followed and helped me clean you up. You were still knocked out, so we put you in bed and forged a note to your mom saying you felt sick and was in bed. It worked like a charm.”

He grinned and wrapped his arm tighter around me, pulling me in closer to him. His breath now blowing in my face. He kissed me lightly on the lips and started to get up.

“Where are you going?” I whispered.

“I was going to go. I just wanted to make sure you were okay.”

“So…you wont stay?” A feeling of sadness rushed over me.

“If you want me to?” I thought about it and nodded. He crawled back into the bed and I laid my head on his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair. I fell back to sleep.

***

The next time I woke up, I was alone. I sighed and got up, ignoring making up my bed. I grabbed some jeans and a t-shirt, then made my way to take a shower.

Afterwards, I walked down the stairs and to the kitchen to find a note.

Hey Sweetie, I had to leave earlier for work.
I hope you’re feeling better.
I love you.

- Mom


I left the note on the table and grabbed a poptart. It tasted funny, so I threw it away and downed a glass of orange juice.

I made my way out the front door and locked it behind me. The bus came rolling down the street, so I had to run to the bus stop and jump on. Every seat was filled with people paired by two except one seat. It held a girl I’ve never seen before. She was wearing a black shirt and over it a purple vest. She was also wearing a amazing necklace with a odd sign engraved on it.

She looked from the window and up at me. A huge smile came across her face and she waved at me to come sit next to her, like she’s been saving it for me. I sat next to her and she just beamed with happiness.

“Hi, my name is Cat.” She chimed, extending her hand for me to shake it. I took it into mine and she shook it firmly them let go. “So, what’s yours?”

“I’m Cine.” I smiled back.

“Ah! What a beautiful name!” She giggled and chattered on about why she moved here, how, when, and where she came from. It was actually quit interesting.

The bus finally came to a stop at the bus loop and we got off together. I was going to show her where the front office was when Leo came from the other side and pulled me away as fast as he could without seeming out of character.

I looked back at Cat to find her starring with huge eyes, a frown across her face and hands balled up in fist. She looked like she was about to throw a fit like a little child would. I couldn’t look away until we turned the corner around the school. Leo then pinned me against the wall, his eyes were pitch black.

“Don’t ever hang around that…that thing ever again.” He hissed through his teeth. I glared in shock. “Do you hear me?”

I ducked under his arms and turned to face him.

“Why? She’s nice! I might could actually be friends with her.”

“She’s not what you think she is. She’s not human, she something else.”

“So? Why does it matter? You are different too, and you’re good. Why can’t she be good?”

“Because, she just can’t. She’s one of vampire’s most hated enemies. She’s a witch. Her necklace is a symbol of that.”

I paused. If vampires are real, and witches, what else could be real? I shook my head and started to stomp off. His judgment of her was wrong. She’s good.

He grabbed my hand and let out a huge sigh. I didn’t refuse his hand and I glanced up at his face, his eyes were back to the same beautiful blue I loved. He looked down at me.

“I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings or anything. I can’t help put not like her and be protective of you.”

I squeezed his hand and gave him a smile of understanding. He grinned back and leaned down to kiss my cheek. Then he walked me to first block, in which Cat just happened to have first, too.