Blood Thirst

Chapter 14:

[Chapter 14:]

Cat looked up from her notebook and smiled at me, then looked over at Leo and stuck her tongue out. I looked up at Leo to see him roll his eyes. He squeezed my hand and lead me to the back of the room, as far from her as possible.

I lend to whisper to him to ask why he was acting childish, but then the bell rung and the teacher started to talk. I pulled out a piece of paper and wrote it down instead and slipped it to him.

He opened it, glanced for a second and started to write. I looked back up at the teacher, sneaking glances at Leo. When he was done writing, he shoved the note in his pocket and looked back up at the teacher. I sighed and sunk in my chair. He pretended not to notice.

***

The next two classes and lunch flew by. I never saw the note again, and I didn’t believe I was going to. Leo was still acting tense and very alert. Though, when fourth block came, he had to leave and go to his separate class.

I walked in and sat at my normal seat. Ms. Harris was in the corner of the room pulling out a T.V on wheels from the closet and rolled it to the front of the class. As soon as she switched it on, the screen went black and gray and a horrible sound started to leak from the speakers.

Some people cringed at the sound. She then pulled a tape out of its box and put it in the VCR. The screen then turned blue and the picture showed, playing symphony music in the background. It was a musical.

I laid my head down and before I knew it, I was asleep.

Vivid colors rushed by from behind my eyelids, then all I could see was him. His eyes were showing signs of pain, though his body staid stiff. I tried to reach out to him, but I was stopped from some sort of invisible shield. His eyes then shifted and looked down, dead into mine. A whimper of sadness and pain struck my heart.

He then tried to reach out too, but the same invisible shield stopped him. His face turned into confusion and he started to bang his fist against the shield. Nothing was happening. He banged harder and harder until a thin black crack started to appear in thin air.

His face turned into anger as the crack grew bigger and bigger until it finally busted into millions of pieces that flew up and came down with sharp points. It started to cut my skin, but it just bounced off of his.

More and more cuts began to appear all over my body. I started to scream and fell to the floor. He ran to my side, trying to shield me from the points. I could feel him tense up next to me and hold in his breath. His arms grew tighter and tighter around me until I could barley breath.

He yanked me from under him and then all I could feel was two sharp points dig into my neck.


I shot up from the desk with a scream. Everyone looked at me with wide eyes. I scanned the room and then I started to feel the cuts, sting. I looked at my arms, they were covered with cuts. Blood was seeping through my shirt and pants.

My breath shortened and I fell to the hard floor.