Blood Thirst

Chapter 15:

[Chapter 15:]

When I woke up, my vision was blurry. All there was, was a bright light shining through the haze. I started to blink over and over again. The light then had a black shadow form over it and when my vision came into view, Leo was staring back at me.

I tried to open my mouth to speak, but he just shook his head no. I closed my mouth and just stared as his eyes changed from blue to a amazing shade of orange. I tried to lift my arm to touch his cheek, but it was useless. I was too weak.

He lifted his arm over the bed and took my hand, being careful not to pull on the iv.

“You’re going to be okay.” he whispered, “I’m going to make sure they pay for this. You have nothing to worry about.”

I looked at him in confusion. They?

I thought about it, trying to remember earlier that day. Then I realized what he was talking about. I started to shack my head no and forced my voice out to protest.

“Cat did nothing. You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I do, Cine. I know what they can do! They did some sort of spell to cause your dream to come to life. That’s why your all cut up. There’s no other reason for how this could of happened.”

I just shook my head. I didn’t want to believe it. It wasn’t Cat. Maybe one of the others she’s with, but not Cat.

“Don’t hurt Cat.” I whispered.

He sighed. “I have to, to make sure.”

I began to cry harder, in which I didn’t even know I was in begin with until now. He took his other hand and whipped them away. I didn’t want him to. I felt like being alone now.

He lend in to kiss my forehead but was stopped when there was a knock on the door.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but your mother is here Ms. Cast. Would you like to give her permission to come visit?”

I shook my head yes and she gave a faint smile in return. Then she looked at Leo, sighed and walked away.

Leo then lend down for a second attempt and kissed my forehead then lips. Then he was gone before I could blink.

I tried to collect myself and looked back towards the door as my mom walked in. Her eyes were blood shot. Black mascara stained her cheeks. She whimpered at the sight of me and rushed to the side of the bed.

“Oh, Honey! You look horrible.” She cried out, pulling a Kleenex from her pocket and whipping her eyes of fresh tears. From her reaction, I didn’t want to know what I looked like.

She bent down and tried to hug me as lightly as possible. I bit my lip, waiting for the worse. I could feel my own tears welling up again.

***

Two days passed. They were letting me out of the hospital. For those two days, I haven’t heard or seen Leo at all. I’ve been worrying nonstop. He didn’t even come to see me out.

I sat in the passenger seat as my mom rounded the car and got in the driver’s side. I still haven’t seen myself in a mirror. I’ve seen the one’s on my arms, but that was it. I refused to look anywhere else. I wouldn’t allow myself to.

Since it was Sunday, I thought I would try to catch up on some sleep. Worrying about Leo wasn’t helping and neither was that hospital bed.

As we reached the house, a wave of tiredness consumed me. I ended up walking like a zombie upstairs and dressed as fast as I could in some comfortable cloths while ignoring looking at my body. Then I slowly eased myself into bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.