Blood Thirst

Chapter 4:

[Chapter 4:]

[After School.] The bus ride home felt like a lifetime. My heart still hasn’t calm down and I didn’t know if I could speak proper English when my Mom says ‘hello’.

The bus finally came to a screech two houses down. I got off and walked home to find a single rose on my door step. I picked it up and walked in.

“Where did the rose come from?” My Mom asked, eyeing it in my hands as I closed the door.

I cleared my throat in a failed hope to be able to speak. “I dunno…found it on the doorstep.”

“Ah, that’s weird.”

I nodded and headed upstairs to my room. I closed the door behind me and sunk to the floor.

So many questions rushed through my mind at once. About Leo, his brother and sister, the rose…

Did he send the rose? It wouldn’t make much since. But neither does his appearance and actions…am I wrong to assume? Could it of gotten there some other way?

I never though I would be one to go crazy. Am I going crazy? Why am I asking myself so many questions?


I shook my head to try and clear it. Then there was a knock on the door and I stood up.

“Dinners ready!” My Mom yelled through the door and started walking back down the stairs.

Dinner was quiet. I ate slowly, trying to forget about the rose. I then helped clean the dishes to linger out the time. Though a minute felt like a lifetime.

When I couldn’t extend stuff to do to fill up the time. I went back up to my room and laid on my bed. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.