Blood Thirst

Chapter 5:

[Chapter 5:]

I woke up with a strong scent of roses filling my nose. I opened my eyes slowly and sat up to find my bed was covered with rose petals, and there was a glass of stemmed roses on my nightstand. I picked up a hand full of the petals, then there was a knock on my door.

“Cine, its time to wake up!” My mom yelled through the door.

“Okay! I’ll be down soon.”

“Okay, Sweetie.” She replied. I listened for her footsteps as she walked away. Then I shot up, trying to pick up all the rose petals. I stuffed them into a empty bag, and hide the stemmed roses in my closet floor. Covering them with a blanket.

I then grabbed some cloths and rushed to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, dressed myself, then threw my hair in a ponytail. I ran to my room to grab my backpack and jacket and ran down the stairs.

“Are you okay, Cine?” My mom asked, eyeing me. I must not be clamed down yet.

“Yeah, I’m okay... I’m fine.”

She looked me up and down one more time and sighed. I dropped my bag by the door and walked into the kitchen for some breakfast. I found a apple and took a couple of bites. Trying to prove that I was okay enough to eat. Then I hugged my mom ‘good bye’ and walked out to the bus stop.

I stood there and waited. I was early for once. The sun was barley up yet. I squinted my eyes towards where the sun would be appearing, then I sat down against my backpack.

The bus finally came with a loud screech in front of me. I stood up, grabbed my bag, and climbed in. The bus driver took off before I could finish walking up the steps and to a seat. There was only one left towards the back. I made my way and sat down.

Surprisingly, the bus ride to school flew by fast. Too fast. I trailed behind and hopped off. The fresh air of the new morning blew from the east. Sending a chill down my spine. Sort of a signal of what the day was going to be like. I sighed.

I looked around and spotted Mark. He gave a little wave and I smiled. Doubt that was in his face left and the Mark I knew was walking towards me to say ‘hello’, like he did every morning. But, out of no where he stopped in his tracks. His body limped and his smiled disappeared. He waved ‘good bye’, this time and walked away. I wondered what got into him. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to find Leo staring back at me. I felt shock rush over me and I stumbled backwards when he took a step closer. He caught me and stood me up straight. Not even a scowl, or even an expression was in his frame. He just stared.

I sighed. Okay…

I started to walk away, and he took a huge leap to match up to me, then he was walking beside me.

“Hi.” He said in a smooth, silky voice. I stopped in my tracks and looked up at him. His eyes sparkled in the dim light that flickered off the school watch lights. I almost got lost in them, but I fought out of it.

“Hi.” He said again. His smile turning downward a little.

“Hi.” I replied, and I started to walk again. He didn’t follow, but I knew his eyes were glued to me. I didn’t dare to turn back.

***

First block was grueling. I sat there just tapping my pencil. I couldn’t concentrate. Too many things were rushing through my mind that I had a head ache.

The bell finally rung. I was set on skipping second block so I would have more time to think. Also that I had more time away from his influence to think. But, running into the teacher in the hallway ruined it.

I walked in. He was there, of course. And his eyes were set on me. I sighed and made my way to the seat behind him. After I got settled in the seat, I looked up to see him tense up. I frowned to myself.

He stayed that way the whole block. Then the bell rung and he turned and picked up mine and his bag, and he took my book from my hands.

“May I walk you to lunch?”

I just stared dumb struck. All I could do was shack my head yes. Though I knew I wanted to say no. But deep down…I knew I wanted to say yes.

I walked beside him. Trying to keep up. Parts of me were screaming to run, but other parts were telling me to stay. Why was I tearing myself up over this guy?

He lead me to the same table as the day before. We sat down and he slide my backpack and book towards me. I put my book in my bag and set it on the floor. It took every once of me to look back up. He was watching my every move. I raised my eye brow in confusion and suspicion.

He smiled real wide and I melted. I tried to fight it, but I couldn’t.