Blood Thirst

Chapter 7:

[Chapter 7:]

I gasped and covered my mouth to stop any noise that might escape. How could I even say he’s not human? His whole appearance can be portrayed as a human. He has two arms, two legs, a nose, a mouth, beautiful, beyond words eyes…

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I squinted my eyes tight and opened them in hope I was dreaming. I wasn’t, of course. I looked up at the clock on the wall. I was going to miss the bus home.

I ran down the hallway, sliding into a wet floors sign. I stood back up and composed myself. As soon as I reached the door, the last bus left the circle. I stood on the pavement in frustration. I had no idea how I was going to get home. I slammed my backpack down and plopped myself down against it.

Think, Cine! Think!

Tears started to well up. My mom couldn’t come and get me. She was already in trouble over her job. I had no phone anyways. Walking home was a option, though it was a extremely long walk, and mom would be coming home to a empty house.

The tears started to blur my vision. I whipped them away and looked around. Then my eyes landed on him. Starring right back at me, with those blue eyes. Crap.

“Cine? Are you okay?” He yelled out. I didn’t reply, I just put my head on my knees. How much worst could the afternoon get?

I felt a touch on my shoulder and I jumped. I looked up to find him jerk his hand away, his lips downward at the ends. His beautiful eyes sadden by my reaction. I felt horrible. Human or not. He had to have feelings like everyone else. Right?

“I’m…I’m sorry.” I forced out. Some how his eyes became sadder. I looked away before I could start balling my eyes out.

“There’s no reason to be sorry. Why are you here, by the bus loop? Why aren’t you on your way home?”

I sighed. “I missed the bus.”

“Ah…would you like a ride home? I don’t mind.”

A million thoughts ran through my head. The biggest one was, ‘is it the right thing to do?’ Every being in my body protested that it was. I was miserably, yet happily intrigued by him. What ever he was.

“What about your brother and sister?”

“Oh, they didn’t come to school today. They were…not feeling well.”

I nodded and stood up. He picked up my bag, and took my hand. My heart skipped a beat and a grin came across his face. My grin.

I couldn’t help but smile back. He walked me to his car. It was amazing. A jet black 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. The inside interior was jet black also. Leather seats, gadgets in the head board. A typical male car. Yet, it was still beautiful.

He opened the passenger side door for me, and I got in. The door then opened on the driver’s side, and he sat down, closing the door. He paused, starring at the steering wheel, then he looked over at me. His grin was still on his face.

“Breath, Cine.”

Dammit. I let out a huge breath. He smiled.

“So, where to?”

I searched my mind for the answer.

“Um,…Conspiral Road…right off of Street Route 45.”

“Ah, I know where that is.” He winked at me. My mouth fell open. I had to close it with my hand. I squinted my eyes at him, and then looked in front of us as he looked away and pulled out of the parking spot.

I looked out the window. The trees and buildings were rushing by way too fast. I looked to see how fast he was going. My eyes almost popped out. He was going eighty mph pass the normal speed. I screamed and he slammed on the breaks. I flew forward and I felt his arms extend around me to stop me from going into the head board.

He leaned me back against the seat. My heart racing a mile a minute. I looked up at him to see if he was okay. His eyes were huge and pitch black. The whites of his eyes were completely gone. I blinked a couple of times to see if my eyes were seeing correctly.

He then leaned back in his own seat and started to rub his eyes and raise his nostrils.

“Why did you scream?” He murmured through closed teeth.

“You…you were going eighty miles pass the speed limit!” I protested. Scooting as close to the passenger door as possible. I didn’t know what was going on with him. I was terrified and worried. My heart wouldn’t stop racing.

“Please calm down. I can’t concentrate with your heart racing.”

I stared at him in amazement. I tried with all my being to clam down. I got my heart to a normal beating rate, or at least I thought I did.

His nose went back to normal. He removed his hands from his eyes. The whites were back, but the blue was still gone. I slipped back into the seat. Trying not to seem terrified. He looked over at me.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to speed like that. I’m a very good driver. There was no need to worry. I should have warned you. I just forget things like that. I don’t hang around your kind. I’m not aloud to….”

He trailed off. Shock crossed his face.

“I…I said too much. I’m sorry. I hope I haven’t offended you.” Worry was in his face now. All I wanted to do was lean across the car and be in his arms. But, I couldn’t. It wasn’t even me to do such a thing.

“Its…its okay.” I stuttered out. Hating that I couldn’t say it without stuttering.

“I’ll drive the speed limit. I promise.” He smirked. The blue in his eyes starting to show again.

I lightly smiled back. He started the car, the speed barley reaching the limit.

We made it to my house twenty minutes before my mom would be showing up. I felt relieved. I started to unbuckle my seat belt, when the passenger door open. I didn’t even notice Leo get out of the car. He had my bag in his hand. I stood up and he closed the door.

He took my hand and lead me to my front door. I unlocked it and stepped into the house. Letting go of his hand and turning around to face him as he stood on the porch. He handed me my bag.

“Thank-you for bringing me home.”

“It was no problem. Any time.” He grinned and I smiled back.

“See you tomorrow?” He asked.

“Sure.”

“Bye Cine.” He gave a little wave. I gave one back. He turned away and started walking towards his car and I closed the door.