Blood Thirst

Chapter 8:

[Chapter 8:]

I walked over to the couch, dropped my bag to the floor, and laid down. Smothering my face into the cushion. I didn’t know rather to scream or feel extremely happy.

I had to make up my mind about Leo. I needed to guess what ever reason he couldn’t stay away from me. All that I could come up with is those monsters from the black and white movies. He wasn’t Frankenstein. He was too beautiful. He wasn’t the mummy either for the same reason. He wasn’t the monster from the Blue Lagoon, or a phantom.

Then it hit me. What if he was a vampire? The walking, gorgeous dead. He fitted the character so well. Pale skin, beautiful features, weird eyes...

He didn’t eat lunch, though neither did I. He had amazing reflexes every time I almost fell in his presence. He was able to find his way to hold me back before I hit the dash board of his car…

There was a knock on the door. I jumped straight up off the couch and walked over to the door. I peeked through the small hole. It was my mom.

I opened the door and let her in. She noticed my bag on the floor. She always noticed everything.

“How come your bag isn’t in your room?” She asked, walking through the door with a brown bag full of groceries.

“Oh. I came home and laid down on the couch. I guess I fell asleep.”

“Ah. Are you okay Sweetie?” A little worry came into her face.

“Yeah, I’m okay. I’m just tired.”

“Aw, okay Sweetie.”

She walked passed me and into the kitchen. I picked up my bag and headed up stairs to my room. I sat my bag in my desk chair and changed into some comfortable cloths. Then I walked back down to see if my mom wanted help.

After dinner, I offered to wash the plates, then I went back up stairs to my room. My mind wouldn’t stop racing with new thoughts. I tried everything to work around my thought of Leo being a vampire. Nothing seemed to be more reasonable then dubbing him a ‘vampire’.

I laid down on my bed and pulled out my MP3 player, to try and drown out my mind. It sort of worked, and I fell asleep.

***

I woke up to the sound of my mom knocking on the door.

“Sweetie! Wake up! You have a visitor!”

My eyes shot wide open. I knew who it had to be. But, why would he come here, to my home and introduce himself to my mom?

I jumped out of my bed. Not even caring about making up my bed. I grabbed a t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans and made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. I jumped out and dried myself and got dressed in a hurry. Putting my hair in a headband this time.

I then went back to my room. I put on my converses and tied them up. Then I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs and to the kitchen doorway. I came just in time to see him decline breakfast from my mom.

He looked over at me and smirked.

“Hey Sweetie, your friend here, Leo, came over to see if he could offer you a ride to school. Isn’t that nice?” I could tell there was a bit of sarcasm in her voice. She didn’t like the thought of me ‘dating’ or even liking boys before I turned at least eighteen.

Leo stood up and crossed the room to take my hand. I tucked it behind my back before he could retrieve it. Sadness showed in his face, then the expression on mine made him think otherwise. He just turned to stand beside me and look at my mom, too.

“I promise Ms. Cast. I’m a great driver.” I rolled my eyes. He pretended not to notice. “We will go straight to school, and after the day is over, I’ll bring her straight back.”

My mom sighed. She was trying to think better of the situation. She looked at Leo’s face. Trying to judge it. I think she got lost in his eyes. Like I'm sure mostly any girl would.

“Okay…but if I get a phone call, or she comes home with even one hair missing from her head. You’re going down buddy.” She waved her pointer finger at him. He smiled and raised his right hand.

“Scout’s Honor.”

My mom rolled her eyes and Leo started to shoo me out of the kitchen.

“Bye, Sweetie!” My mom yelled from the kitchen.

“Bye, mom!” I yelled back as I walked out the front door and Leo closed it behind us. He put his hands on my waist and starred into my eyes. A grin, my grin, grew across his face.

“Breath, Cine.” I let out a huge huff. He took my hand and walked me to the passenger side, taking my backpack and throwing it in the backseat. Then he walked to the drivers side and sat down. Then looked over at me as he started the car and backed out. I tried not to make a big deal as he didn’t pay attention to what he was doing.

“So…have any guesses yet?” He asked as we pulled onto Street Route 45. One of the longest roads in the city.

I didn’t look at him. I kept my eyes on the road in front of us.

“Um…sort of. They’re not that great though. I’m probably wrong.”

“Aw, they can’t be that bad. I’d like to hear them.”

I shook my head. “You’ll laugh.”

“Oh, no I wont. I promise.” I looked over at him. He smiled, letting all his extended, white teeth show.

I sighed. “Well…I’ve been thinking. No offence, but, I don’t think you’re…human. You must be something else.” I paused and looked over at him. His eyes widened, then his forehead creased. I decided to continue. “I think…I’m probably wrong…but I think…you might be a…a vampire.”

He threw on the breaks. I went flying forward again and he caught me. His face not even two inches from mine. My heart raced as his eyes turned pitch black again. Then he meet those two inches and put his lips against mine. Heat surged through my body.

I started to breath heavily through my nose. Realizing the smell that came off of his skin. It smelt so sweet. Like he slept in flowers and ate nothing but fruit.

He pulled away and sat as far from me as he could. Holding his nose. I starred at him with amazement. My heart racing faster then it has ever before. I couldn’t tell if he was starring back or not.

He scooted back in his seat and started the engine. Then he turned it in reverse as he made a huge u-turn and stepped on the gas.

“Where…where are we going?” I breathed out.

He let go of his nose and squinted it, putting his hand on the wheel so both were in control of the car.

“We’re going home.”

I started to panic. “We can’t go home! My mom will kill me!”

He looked over at me. “Not your home. Mine.”

I became speechless. I scooted back into my seat and tried to prepare myself.