Blood Thirst

Chapter 9:

[Chapter 9:]

We speed pass my road and down further. He turned the wheel to turn into a self made road. Just a clearing in the trees just big enough for the car. The tires squealed as they left the road and onto the dirt. Trees flew right past the window. I couldn’t help but panic if he was to accidentally loose control of the wheel.

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on my breathing. I felt sick to my stomach, but my breathing finally came back to normal. I opened my eyes to see a huge white house. It was two stories and had a attic with a little, round window. The shutters and roof was a dark blue. Beautiful.

He stopped right in front of the porch. The breaks protested to the sudden stunt. I looked away from the house to look over at Leo. He was gone. My door pulled open and I felt someone grab me out of the car. I closed my eyes until I didn’t hear the sharp sound of the wind being whipped by anymore.

When I opened my eyes. I was in the house. I didn’t know what room I was in. But, I was alone. I looked around the room. There was a leather love seat up against the left wall. Across from it was a ignoramus television with speakers on either side. Surrounding it was shelves of movies. On the back wall was a impressive stereo system. On both sides of it was speakers too, and it had shelves of CD’s surrounding it.

I walked up to the CD’s and started to read the many bands. They seemed to be in ABC order. I started to scan them for the one’s I knew when there was a load scream. The person sounded like they were in pain. I ran to the door, but it was locked. I twirled in a circle to see there was no window. I was closed in.

I collapsed to my knees as the screams grew loader and loader. I put my hands to my ears to try and muffle the screams out. It wasn’t working. I squinted my eyes, trying to hold back tears. Then the door flew open and I felt arms wrap around me and pull me in tight.

My eyes shot wide open to see it was Leo. I squirmed from his arms and scooted as fast as I could to the other side of the room. His eyes were back to normal, though the pupils had a green lining to them. They were amazing.

He stared at me and cocked his head to the side. Examining my reaction.

“I’m…I’m sorry.” He whispered. He looked down at the floor. Then back up at me. I realized I haven’t blinked nor taken a breath.

“Please Cine! Breath.”

I let out a huge gush of air that was saved up in my lungs. My sides started to pulse in pain. I wrapped my arms around them and leaned my head back. Closing my eyes.

When I opened them again, he was right in front of me. The green lining was starting to take over the blue in his eyes. I wanted to reach up and rub his face, but I resisted.

“Are…are you okay?” He asked. His voice sounded scratchy and hoarse. Not the silky, smooth voice from before. I started to feel pain in my heart this time.

“I’m…I’m okay.” I stuttered out. Lying was the hardest thing I could ever do. People could see right through them. He just nodded.

“What…what was the screaming coming from?” I blurted out. My curiosity seeping through. He sighed. A look of shame in his face showed as he looked at where my arms were.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” He looked back up at me. Starring in my eyes.

“Yes, I’m fine. Please, answer me.” Tears started to well up in my eyes again. I couldn’t help it and I couldn’t stop them from falling this time. He raised his hand to my face and whipped them off my cheeks. I looked away.

He sighed. “The screams…were coming from me…” I looked back at him. The shame became more prominent on his face. Why ever he screamed was tearing him apart.

“Why…” I whispered. Trying to hold back any sounds my crying might force out of me.

“Because…” He paused. “Because…you guessed right.” I just stared at him.

He was a vampire. I was right. Right here right now…I’m sitting in front of a vampire.

“Is…is that a bad thing?” I asked. He looked at me in amazement. The blue was gone from his eyes. They looked completely cat like green.

“Yes…and no.” He stuttered out. A sly smile coming across his face. I looked at him in confusion.

“No…because now I don’t have a secret between us. Yes because….its harmful for you to be around me.”

It was my turn to look at him in amazement. How could it be harmful from every time he has saved me and helped me from many bruises.

I was about to protest when someone showed up in the door way in a blur. She was beyond amazingly beautiful. Like someone you could only see in magazines and everyone who would die to be the image.

She was wearing a short, yet flowing dress that only went to her knees. Her legs were long and smooth. On her feet were bright red high heels. Her hair was cut to her shoulders. It was both light and dark brown. Her eyes were violet just like Monica’s.

She looked at Leo then at me. Her eyes looked shocked, then she squinted her eyes in some sort of disgust.

“I was told you found yourself a little human friend. I had to come and see if it was true. I guess it is.” She hissed through her teeth.

Leo stood and turned to face her. Standing in front of me. Sort of like he was guarding me from her.

“Now Ambellina, you know its not like that. She’s different. I have to…”

She cut him off by raising her hand. She stomped off then there was a load bang. I guess she went and put herself in a room to sulk.

I looked up at Leo as he turned around and stretched out his hand to help me up. I took it and he raised me up without my own will to help. Then he put his arm around my waist. I was too worried to care about the position I was in. I realized all I wanted was to be this close to him. To feel…safe.