Lighthouse

Don't Understand

"Well, this is my room" I said, standing back so Gerard could see inside. I glanced in. "The bed is a bit smaller than I pictured it in my head."

"I can just sleep on the floor," Gerard said. I looked at the floor. It was made of stone that was always cold.

"You're not sleeping on the floor," I said. "That would be extremely uncomfortable. Having limited space on a small bed would be more comfortable."

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable in your own bed though," he said.

"It'll be fine," I said. "I won't be uncomfortable. That's the last thing on my mind. I'm just glad to have contact with an actual living human being."

"I guess I should be appreciative of that too," Gerard said. I looked at him and couldn't help but notice the sad look in his eyes. I reached over and impulsively grabbed his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. He looked over at me in surprise.

"We'll figure out a way to get us out of here," I whispered. "I don't want to be here anymore."

"I can understand that," Gerard said. I let go of his hand.

"No," I said. "You can't understand that. I've been alone for 10 years, my only company a ghost that haunt's this lighthouse. You won't ever understand."

"You're right," Gerard said. "Sorry."

"It's ok," I said. "Let's go to bed now. I'm tired."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this update sucks and is a bit fillerish.
How about some comments cause I never get any for this story..
~Sally