Lighthouse

Trapped

I could see Gerard just out of reach of my hands. His mouth opened in a silent cry for help his arms reaching toward me. I tried to reach for him, but he kept drifting farther from me. When I could no longer see Gerard, I realized the water was choking me. The familiar burn of the salt water, in my throat. Everything was going black..

I woke up. I instantly shut my eyes again because of the unfamiliar blinding light. I sat slowly, keeping my closed, breathing heavily. After a moment I opened my eyes slowly, ready for the bright light.

I was still in my new room. The one Anna had give to me for my birthday. The sun was out, shining through the windows surrounding me. It felt wonderful, warming my skin. I stood up and moved so I could see out the window better. I saw the ocean, a seemingly endless body of water. I looked down. I was so high up, but I could still see the rocks. I could see the waves hitting them. I could hear it in my memory. I could feel the icy claws of the water, wrapping them selves around me, pulling me down. I stepped away from the window.

I gulped for air, as if I really had been drowning all over again.

"Are you ok Riley?" Anna said from behind me.

"I'm fine," I said, shutting my eyes. I reopened them and turned around to face Anna. "I'd like to return to my room."

Anna nodded her head. She opened the door to the stairs, and I made my way downstairs to my room. Anna wasn't following. I looked back to see where she was. The door that hid my new room was closed. I still didn't know much about Anna.

When I entered my room, I saw food next to my bed. I ignored it. I wasn't hungry. I laid down on my bed, and stared at the ceiling. I wish I could just leave this place. But there was no way to escape. Anna locked every possible escape route. Maybe if someone came to the lighthouse. What if they could get in and they found me?

It wouldn't do any good. Anna wouldn't let them back out if they managed to get back in. And I wouldn't wish that for anyone. Even if it meant there'd be someone else here to keep me company.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think 3 updates is enough for one day.
Comment??
~Sally