Lighthouse

Alive

I hadn't heard from Anna in a while.

I left my bedroom and headed upstairs to my new room. I found Anna standing by the window I had been at, staring out across the ocean. I saw that the sun was no longer out. There was thick, dark clouds blanketing the sky.

"There's going to be a storm," said Anna sadly. I went and stood next to her. I looked down again, but had to step away from the window. I hated remembering that day. Anna looked at me sadly for a moment before returning her gaze to the ocean. "Did I ever tell you how I ended up here?"

"No," I said. But it was something I had always wanted to know.

"It was many years ago," Anna said. "Before you were born. I was in love. His name was James. We were going to get married."

I watched Anna carefully. She continued to stare out the window.

"James and I," she said. "We came to this lighthouse. I loved lighthouses."

She stopped her story to look at me sadly.

"I believe this lighthouse is cursed," she said. She looked back out the window. "Something bad always happens to whoever comes to this lighthouse."

I waited for Anna to say more, but I had a feeling she wasn't going to say more.

I was about to leave when I saw Anna suddenly tense up. She trembled slighthly before returning to normal. She looked at me again, more saddness filling her black eyes.

"He is alive," she whispered.

"Who's alive?" I asked. Her eyes closed. "Anna?"

She sunk through the floor.

"Anna!" I yelled. She wasn't in the room anymore. "Who's alive?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally