Lighthouse

Next Day

There was still several hours till sunset, but I didn't care. I was not leaving this spot until I saw whoever was coming. I could see people on the beach still. They probably wouldn't leave for another hour at least. I sighed and looked around the room.

I didn't know where Anna was. I hadn't seen her since yesterday. She was probably concentrating on whoever it was that was coming.

I looked at the sky. It was clear, but I knew from experience it could change instantly. I hoped, though, that it would stay like it is.

A few more hours passed. The beach closed and people went home. The sun was lower in the sky. I was getting impatient.

"Riley," I jumped at the sudden sound of Anna's voice behind me. I turned around and saw her standing a few feet behind me. "One more hour."

I nodded my head.

"I'll make sure nothing happens to whoever it is," she said. I returned to looking out the window.

The minutes went by slowly. I kept looking towards the sun to see if it had moved lower, but it was hard to tell. Finally, I looked at it again. It was definately lower. The sky was turning a shade of pink around it. I looked carefully towards land and away from the ocean. I saw a car driving toward the strip of land that this lighthouse was on.

"Anna!" I yelled. "Anna! He's here!"

Anna appeared next to me. She looked where I was pointing. She closed her eyes.

"Yes," she said. "It's him."

I held my breath as I saw the car stop and the door begin to open. A man stepped out, his hair black, was a little long-ish. I was sure it was Gerard. It had to be. He looked up at the lighthouse and closed his car door. He started walking swiftly toward the lighthouse.

I couldn't help but smile. He was going to be ok. Nothing was gonna happen. I happened to glance at the water and that's when I saw it. A huge wave was coming toward the lighthouse. It was bigger than any wave I had seen here before and I knew it would easily take Gerard. It could easily take anyone.

"Anna!" I yelled turning to her. She was gone. "Anna?"

I looked around. Where was she? The wave slammed into the lighthouse and washed over the land.

"NO!"I screamed. I started crying. I couldn't help it. I collapsed onto my knees, my fists pounding the floor. "NO!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally