Lighthouse

Light and Dark

Over the sound of my sobbing, I could faintly hear Anna saying my name.

"Riley," said Anna. I looked up and she was standing over me. "Stop crying please."

"I-I can't," I gasped.

"Then at least follow me," she said. I nodded my head and Anna helped me up. I followed her out of the room. We started down the stairs, but when we got to my room, we just continued down. We finally reached the bottom and headed for a door. When she opened the door, there was only darkness. I stepped towards the doorway and peered inside.

"What's in there?" I asked. There was no reply. Instead, I felt myself being pushed into the room. I tripped and fell on my hands and knees as I heard the door close. "Anna?"

I felt around me carefully since I couldn't see. My hands met a wall and I stood up, careful to not take my hands from the wall.

"Anna?" I said again. I knew she had pushed me in here. I strained my eyes to see in the darkness, but it was no use. There was no chance of me seeing.

I moved towards where the door was and felt for the door knob. I found it and turned it. It was locked. I pulled on it a few times, causing the door to rattle. I sighed and leaned against the door. I slid down slowly till I was sitting on the floor. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I rested my forehead on my knees and closed my eyes. I heard a soft click and looked up quickly, surprised to see that the room was now lit up. I stood up quickly and looked around.

"Anna?" I said. My eyes landed on a body in the middle of the room. I saw the head of black hair and pale skin. I immediately knew who it was, and I rushed to the body, landing on my knees next to him. "Gerard?"

He was unconcious. Anna must have saved him from the wave. I reached out one of my hands and touched his face gently. I smiled. A real person was here now. Not just Anna. I pulled my hand away and stared intently at his face.

All of a sudden, his eyes flew open and he sat up quickly. I fell back, startled. He gasped and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Where am I?" he choked out.

"You're in the lighthouse," I said. He looked around the room before looking back at me.

"Are you Riley?" he asked. I nodded my head. "Have you been here since that day 10 years ago?"

I nodded my head again. He moved towards me and reached his hand out, cupping my face with it. I shivered from the human touch. I couldn't help but smile.

"Have you been by yourself?" he asked.

"No," I said quietly. "I had Anna."

"Anna?" Gerard asked.

"I don't know if you'll believe me," I said. "But Anna's dead. She haunts this lighthouse."

"She's dead?" Gerard asked. I nodded my head.

"She rescued me when I was drowning," I said. "And she made me stay with her all these years."

His hand left my face.

"She made you stay?" Gerard asked. I nodded my head. "Is she going to make me stay?"

"I don't know," I said. Gerard got up and walked towards the door. I stood up as well. He reached for the knob. "It's locked."

He reached for the knob anyways and turned it a few times.

"Dammit," I heard him say.

"You're not going to leave are you?" I asked. He turned to look at me.

"You can't expect me to stay here," he said. I looked down, feeling tears stinging my eyes. I was going to be alone again. I wiped my eyes and sniffled. "What's wrong?"

"It's just that I've been so alone for 10 years," I said. "And now you're here, but you're going to leave."

I started crying heavier now.

"I don't want to stay here any more," I cried. I felt arms wrap around me.

"It's going to be ok," Gerard said quietly. "I'll get us both out of here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to update D: I've been extremely busy. It might be a little while until my next update because I'm going to Connecticut on Friday. If I get time tomorrow or Thursday I'll try and write another update. Otherwise, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :]
Comment?
~Sally