Philophobia.

And Your Maxie Pads Friend.

I tapped my hand against the white oak door and waited for someone to answer it.

"Ally." My brother smiled opening up the door. He let me in and shut the door behind me. "Here let me take your coat."

I scrunched up my face as I took my coat off and gave it to my brother. He wasn't always like this. Formal. That word wasn't even in his vocabulary. During high school he was in the principal office or at home more than he was in class. He got into trouble constantly and I think he even had a first name basis relationship with the whole office in high school and the on campus officer. My brother did a lot of drugs and drank constantly which lead him into those situations...frequently.

"What have you done with Andy?" I asked giving him a weird face.

He just laughed as he hung up my coat in the front closet. "Nothing." He muttered.

I raised my eyebrow at him because I could give him an answer as to what happened to my brother. "Really, because I can tell you what happened." I told him, placing my left hand on my hip. "I believe she's about this tall." I held my right hand a little more higher than my head was. "Has brown hair and goes by the name-"

"Ally." I heard my name being called behind me. I smirked at my brother and turned around to see the girl I just described, walking towards me.

"Ella." I smiled and gave her hug.

Ella Cambridge. She was the perfect woman. Her clothes fit her perfect and never showed off to much. He hair was either perfectly straight or her curls never came undone. She excelled greatly in high school and college and became a second grade teacher. Her parents are still together and are planning on stay like that forever.

And I thought she was perfect. But she chose the not so perfect boy and claims to of falling head over heels in love. My brother changed a lot when he started dating Ella. He said it was an instant connection and he knew from the minute he saw her he needed to change to be with her.

So he did just that. He did a complete 180 in a couple of months and he learned so much from Ella, that he should of learned in high school, but of course he didn't.

"So." I said rocking on my feet as Andy wrapped an arm around Ella's shoulders and kissed her forehead. "How long are we betting this time?"

"What?!" Ella asked looking between my brother and me.

"Ally." Andy scolded me.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm not five anymore Andy. I don't need to be scolded." I reminded him and crossed my arms over my chest. "What I mean." I said directing it to Ella. " That our mom get's married a lot. Andy and I made it into a sport. We bet on how long the marriage will last." I sent a smirk over at Andy, who was sending daggers my way. "And so far I winning."

"Ally!" Andy hissed at me.

"Don't tell me you really do that Andrew?" Ella asked taking a step back from him.

Andy glared at me before he looked at Ella shaking her head. "No."

I scoffed and tapped my foot on the ground. "Right. Well, I'm betting six months."

"Ally!"

I rolled my eyes and was about to say something when Ella stopped me. "You don't really mean it right?"

"No." I told her and watched as a look of relief came across her face. "I do mean it."

She shook her head at me. "Ally, how could you say something like that. This is your mom we are talking about. Marriage is suppose to have a meaning. The meaning of love." I rolled my eyes at the word. "Your mom may have been married more than once but that doesn't mean she won't fall-."

"Love doesn't exist." I stated firmly as I interrupted her.

"Yes it does!" she snapped back at me.

"No it-"

"Allyson don't you dare start." I groaned and turned around and saw my mom.

"Fine." I muttered as the door bell rang. My mom's cheeks grew red and a huge smile spread across her face.

"Aw." Ella cooed. "Your in love." she gushed giving me a small smirk.

I scoffed and walked into the living room. I plopped down on the couch and crossed my arms over my chest. "Love doesn't exist." I muttered as I heard the door open and Ella and Andy walked into the living room.

"Brian!" My mom's voice chimed.

"Suzy." I heard a male voice say, assuming that was the guitar guy. "Hunny" I rolled my eyes at the pet name. She told me she hated when my dad called her hunny. "This is Brent, Brian, and McKenna."

I rolled my eyes two Brian's? This is going to be fucking confusing.

"Hello." I heard another male voice say. "You don't have to call me Brian. Syn is fine."

"Syn" My mom muttered. I rolled my eyes and turned on the TV. "Well come in. Come in."

I heard someone cough, knowing it was my mother I just rolled my eyes and kept them on the TV.

"Hello." My brother said as I heard him get up. "I'm Andy."

"Hello Andy." I think Brian Sr said it. "This is Brian, Brent, and McKenna."

"Hey." I looked over at them and stood up walking slowly and stood behind Andy and Ella. "This is my fiance Ella."

"Pleasure." Ella said. flashing her perfect white teeth.

"And this." My mom said gripping my arm and pulling me in front of Andy. "Is my baby Ally."

I groaned. "I'm twenty-four. I'm not a baby."

Andy scoffed. "Well you sure do act like one."

"Do not!" I said sticking my tongue out at him.

"Allyson!" My mom scolded me.

"Sorry" I muttered and looked up at the guitar guy. "Nice to meet you."

"I'm McKenna!"A little girl about seven walked in front the guitar guy and stuck her hand out at me. "Your really pretty."

I blushed and smiled down at her. "Aw. Thank you sweetie." I said shaking her head. "I always wanted a little sister, but" I said and pointed in Andy's direction. "I got stuck with dimpstick over there."

"Hey!"

McKenna laughed as so did her brothers.

"Ally" I looked over at my mom. "We'll be in the kitchen."

I nodded as I watched them leave. McKenna was pulling on one of her brothers sleeves and pulling him towards the couches. Andy and Ella followed them and I was stuck with one of the guitar guys sons.

"This is weird."

"Yeah." I muttered and looked at the last son. I raised an eyebrow and watched him do the same before his mouth went agape.

"I know you!" We both exclaimed at the same time. I giggled as he laughed at our sudden out burst.

"Your that girl."

"And your." I smirked up at him. "Maxie Pads friend."

He laughed and nodded his head. "That name is pure genius." I nodded with a small giggled. "So why haven't you called?"

"Called?"

"Yeah you know with a phone. Matt has been waiting." He stated matter-o-factly.

"Really now."

He nodded and fixed his fedora slightly. "Yep. So why haven't you called? Have a boyfriend?"

"No." I told him shaking my head.

"Then why?"

"I left his number at the bar. I didn't think he was serious."

"Princess." He laughed shaking his head. "When Matt has his mind set on something. It's always serious."

"Right."

"I know." He said with a grin on his face. "Do you want to see him again."

I would of told him flat out no. But Cianna's "plan" to get rid of Ronnie came back into my head.

"Yeah." I sighed trying to fake my internal happiness. "I do." I smiled, giving him this dreamy look.

"Then come to the bar tonight. I'll give you my number and I'll text you when and where. Just make sure you are there and I'll get Matt's ass there."

"Uh okay." I said as I watched him pull out his phone and gave him my number. "Promise lover boy will be there?" I asked trying to sound hopeful.

"Yeah." He said and gave me a huge smile.

"Dinner!" My mom called out. We all walked into the dining room and took a seat. I sat between McKenna and my mom.

"So Syn." my brother said swallowing his food. "I heard your in a band."

Syn nodded and had a small smile on his face. "Yeah. We just got done with a tour not to long ago."

"What band dear?" My mom asked.

"Avenged Sevenfold."

My mom nodded and Brian grabbed her hand and gave it a small squeeze. "They're really good. Brian here" he said pointing to his son. "Was blessed with my guitar genes."

Syn shook his head, as he was embarrassed by his dad's comment. My mom nodded pleasantly. "It must be hard to find a good girl for you."

Syn shook his head. "Actually." He said and this beautiful smile was placed on his face. "I have a girlfriend, who I love very much."

I rolled my eyes and looked over at Ella and could just hear her saying 'Told you love is real.'

"We all have steady girlfriends." Syn continued till his gaze landed on me. "All but Matt."

I chocked on my food. "Ally you okay?" My mom asked patted my back.

I took a drink of water and wiped the water coming down from my eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine."

My mom gave me a look but shook her head and looked back over at Syn. "It's a great feeling to be in love." She grabbed Brian's hand and squeezed at as he kissed her cheek.

I scoffed and made everyone look at me. "Something wrong Ally?" McKenna asked me.

"Ally doesn't believe in love." Ella announced.

"You don't?" Brent asked looking up from his plate.

"I haven't" I said correcting Ella's statement. If I wanted Syn to believe me in wanting to get with Matt then I needed to play my cards right. "I just don't think I met the right person." I stated again shrugging my shoulders.

"And how long will that take?" Syn asked looking over at me curiously.

I shrugged again. "Maybe tomorrow, a month, a year. I don't know."

Syn just nodded and went back to eating his food as did everyone else. After sometime I looked over at Syn again and caught his eye. He mouthed something that looked like 'Matt.'

Hoping that's what he said. I nodded my head discreetly and mouthed 'hopefully.'

Syn smiled down at his plate and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Beverly Hills- Weezer.


comment.