I'm Addicted to the Way I Feel When I Think of You

Chapter 15

It had been a few days since then, and things between me and Pete have been great. No more fighting about the "love" thing. Honestly, I'm grateful for it. He still tells me he loves me, it seems like lately it's increased, but he never waits for me to say it back. I don't know when I'm going to say it back. But I want too. I just don't know though.

Pete and I were laying in his bed, talking, when the ringing of my phone interupted our conversation. Pete leaned over and grabbed my phone off his night stand. "It's Haley." He murmured handing it to me.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Meg. Hey." Haley said in a fake cheerful voice. "What are you doing?"

"Why?"

"Haley! Did you get a hold of her?" I heard a womens voice in the background. A womens voice that sounded of my mother's voice.

"Yeah, mom." Haley called out to her. "Mom's here! Dad too! Isn't that great?" She asked.

"No! This is horrible! Why didn't you call me and let me know?"

"Babe, what's wrong?" Pete asked. I waved my hand in front of his face, motioning for him to be quiet.

"Well I didn't know! They just decided to drop in." She said still using that fake cheerful voice.

"Drop in? No one just goes to California, from Mississippi, and drops in!"

"Well, Mom and Dad do. Now, um we're meeting for lunch at 12:30."

"We're? As in who?"

"As in mom, dad, Patrick, you, Pete and I."

"I'm not letting them meet Pete! Are you crazy? They'll disect him! Like a frog in biology class! They'll disect him until he curls up in a ball and cries!" I hollered. The look on Pete's face was priceless.

"Megan, don't you think you're being a little dramatic?"

"Dramatic? When have I ever been known to be dramatic?" I asked.

"Meg, you're always dramatic." Pete muttered. I cut my eyes in his direction. He just smiled.

"You've always been dramatic. Hold on. Mom wants to talk to you." She said.

"No!"

"Megan! Honey, how are you?" My mom asked jubilantly.

"Great, mom. How are you?"

"I'm so much better now. I've missed my girls. You have to come over soon. Oh! We're all meeting for lunch. I want you to bring that boyfriend of yours that Haley keeps mentioning."

"Oh, Pete?"

"Yeah. I've heard he's a really sweet." She said.

"Yeah, Pete's a sweetie." I said looking at Pete. He looked at me curiously. I just smiled and ruffled his hair. He scrunched his face at me because "no one touched his hair".

"Oh! I can't wait to meet him! Do you think he can come? I mean Patrick said that he'll most likely be able too! But I hope he can! It's so hard to believe that you have a boyfriend! Just one. Because you always have boyfriends!"

"Mom, I never had boyfriends. I had friends."

"Still... I'm glad you have one." She said emphasizing the one. "Oh! But I better get off and freshen up! Oh it's going on 12:30. I'll see you then honey. Bye!"

"Bye mom." I said and hung up the phone. I groaned.

"Babe?" Pete said.

"Yes?"

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Well, if you haven't already guessed, my parents are in."

"Yes. I've guessed."

"My parent's are... scary."

"Okay."

"They want to meet you."

"Okay."

"No! Don't say okay! Say you have to do something! Like meet Gabe! Or Travie! Or Ryan! Hell, all three!"

"Why?" He asked.

"Do I have to repeat the disection thing again?"

"Nah. But you don't want them to meet me?"

"No, baby. It's not that, it's just... I don't want you to meet them."

"Are you ashamed of me?" He asked.

"No! I'm ashamed of them!"

"You're afriad they wont like me?" He asked.

"Dammit, Pete! Listen to me! I said I don't want you to meet them! It's them! Not you! They're crazy! You're perfect!"

"I'm far from perfect." He said.

"Well... you're perfect for me." I explained. This was true. He was.

He smiled. "So they want to meet for lunch?"

"Yes. At 12:30. Which is in and hour. When I need a shower, and I have to get ready."

"Well I need a shower too. So if we shower together, then we save time and water."

"I love the way you think." I said kissing his cheek.

"So do I."

***

I don't know how, but we managed to get ready in time. It was 20 'til when we were getting dressed.

"What do you want me to wear?" He asked, standing infront of me with just his boxers on.

"What do I want you to wear?"

"Yeah? I mean, you're kind of dressed up."

I looked down at my outfit. A white short, sundress. "No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. You're wearing a dress."

"It's not like it's a formal dress. It's just a sundress. Wear what you want."

"Does your family dress up?"

"Pete! No! Wear what you want. This is what I want to wear. Wear what you want to wear." He didn't say anything. He just stood there looking at me. I sighed and walked over to his closet. I pulled out a pair of jeans, a tee shirt and a hoodie. "This! This is what I want you to wear." I said shoving his clothes at his chest.

"Are you sure?"

"Just put the freaking clothes on Pete!"

"Fine. Sheesh, you don't have to be so bitchy about it." he said pulling his jeans on.

"I swear, if you cause me to be in a bad mood, when we get back, I'll slap the living hell out you." I told him.

"Is that a threat or a promise?" he asked, giving me a cute half smile.

"I'll slap you twice."

"Oh yeah?"

"Three times, Petey. Three times."

"Oo. I kind of like that." He smirked.

"Gosh, shut up." I said laughing.

"Haha. C'mon. We got to go." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room.

***

After 10 minutes of sitting in traffic, we finally got there. The 10 minutes of traffic, caused us to be 10 minutes late. I didn't mind, but you could tell Pete was freaking out.

Before we walked into the resturuant, I stopped Pete and pressed him against the wall.

"What?" He asked.

"You're nervous. Why are you nervous?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "I'm not."

"Yes you are."

I sighed. "Parents... Parents aren't my thing." He explained.

"You think they're mine? I know I said my parents are crazy, but they're only crazy towards me. They'll love you."

"You don't even love me." He mumbled under his breath. I don't know if he meant for me to hear it or not. I stepped back away from him, feeling guilty. I swallowed hard, and turned towards the door.

"Come on. They're waiting." I said softly and walked in.

Pete stopped me and put his arm around my waist. "Hey, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked him. Before he could say anything I said "Let's just not talk about this. Not now."

"Okay." He said pulling my chin towards him and softly kissed me. I saw a hand waving from my left. I turned my head and there was my mom, dad, Haley and Patrick. My mom was waving us towards her, wearing the biggest smile I'd seen in ages. I glanced at Pete, and grabbed his hand, bracing myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So meeting the parents. That's always interesting.

Comments?

xoxox