Honey, You're the Death of Me

Honey, honey, honey.

Olivia clutched my hand as we stepped over fallen logs and uncovered roots.

“Tell me everything,” she said, taking a seat on a mossy rock, motioning for me to sit next to her. “I want to know about you.”

“Only if you do the same,” I told her, looking into her red tinted eyes. However much destruction and pain they held, they were still beautiful.

She nod ded as a response, indicating me to go on.

“I used to be in the Confederate Army. I would get promoted quickly, my ranks soaring. One night, as I was serving as an escort, I came across a few girls. They were stunningly beautiful, hypnotizingly dazzling. They spoke of not wanting to put me to waste, and their desire to keep me alive. Then, the leader, so to speak, Maria, bit me, similar to what I did to you.

“We went around together, creating newborns. I wasn’t a vegetarian vampire, as the Cullen’s and I are now. I was more connected to the monsters I created than Maria; I understood how they worked and how they reacted to things. However, we both would…get rid of the newborns when they were of no use anymore. There was one newborn, Peter, that I grew to be friends with. Maria decided she was done with him and his mate, Charlotte. It was then I started to become wary of what Maria was doing, and helped them escape, but stayed with the lifestyle myself. Later, Peter returned the favor by assisting me in fleeing from Maria. I stayed with them until I found Carlisle. And here I am now.” I studied Olivia’s changing facial expressions throughout the story, her eyes wid e.

“Do all vampires have mates?” she asked.

“Most of us do.”

“Do you?”

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. “I did.”

“You don’t anymore?”

I shook my head, my teeth gritting together. Just when I had begun to forget her, the slightest thing would trigger my memory.

“You don’t want to talk about it, do you?”

“No,” I growled. “Not really.”

She placed her cold hand atop of mine. “It’s okay.”

I took a deep breath. “Your turn.”

“I grew up here in Forks. I’ve had an average life for the most part. I wasn’t that popular, my grades were fine, my family was normal, I didn’t get into much trouble. When I graduated high school, I decided to move to Chicago. I’d been there once or twice; the lights and noise enchanted me. So I packed up my bags and left.

“Within six months, I barely had any money, thanks to the temptation of city shopping, and had to move back home. I was barely nineteen, but I got a decent job and finally moved into my own place six months later. I’ve always loved walking in the woods by myself, it’s so relaxing. And so I was walking one day, and you bit me…

“And that’s about it.”

“Sorry about that,” I whispered into her neck.

“Don’t be sorry,” she assured me. “I wouldn’t have met you if it didn’t happen.”

I nodded in agreement, my lips brushing against her cheek. “Thank God for my lack of control.”

“Thank God for my love of wandering alone in the woods.”

“Thank him for everything about you,” I murmured, pulling her into another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for my horrible updates.
i suck, i know.