Infinitesimal

Discovery.

"Aha, one of the hardest questions first eh? Alright. No one is actually sure how my people came to be, but we lived on the Moon for a period of time, hense the "Luna" piece. We feed off moonlight and on Earth if we are in the guise of a human and the moonlight touches us, it triggers an automatic change."

"Automatic... What kind of automatic change? Is it drastic, or is it just barely noticeable?"

"Oh, it's drastic. Humans and Lunari look very different. Depending on the position of the moon, our wings change. Full moon means leather bat wings, new moon means black angel wings. Our eyes change too, becoming a very dark color, like midnight or crimson like mine, and out puplis become slitted, like a cats. Depending on your rank, peasant, noble or royalty, your skin tone changes too. Royalty's skin become deeply tanned, nobles become slightly tanned and peasants' skin doesn't change."

He pondered for a moment, trying to take it all in. He did some mumbling under his breath, and then his head shot up, his eyes widened, and he said incredulously, "Wait, WINGS??!?" He shook his head in bewilderment and took a deep breath, and asked quietly if he could see her wings.

She chuckled, smiling as she stepped into the moonlight, letting the moonlight turn her black wings a dark gray. They rasied themselves up eagerly, soaking up the moonlight.

"What's your name? You know mine. And technically, I still don't know if you're a threat."

"I have many names," she responded, shrugging lightly. "However, the only used most ofter is Adrianaya. Just call me Ari though. And I'm no threat to you or anyone unless they try to destroy me or my people."

"Believe me, after this, the last thing I want to do is hurt you.

This is the coolest thing I have EVER SEEN!" he said, sounding a lot like a teenage boy.

Ari chuckled again. "I'm flattered, but you must promise that you will not retell what I have told you to anyone, understand?" she asked, folding her tanned arms across her chest as crimson eyes flashed.

"I never will. Cross my heart and hope to shoot myself in the foot. Or worse," he said, tracing an imaginary X over his chest with his finger.

She chuckled, stiffening suddenly. "Evereth, come here," she hissed, her eyes flicking around.

He obliged. "Is something wrong?" he whispered, sensing her unease.