Six Feet Underground

.. I love you

His house, or rather apartment building, was made of brown and red brick, had white stone stairs leading up to a stoop. A dark oak door had this painted glass in it that was really preaty. An assortment of vines and beautifull flowers were on either side of the stoop. Yellow, purple, blue, red, pink and white flowers ran up the bricks.

All around, it was beautifull, but not as beautifull as the creature standing next to me.

"Come on, let's go inside," he suggested before he lead the was up the white steps.

We walked up this large staircase, it had red carpet going down the middle and preaty engraving on the railing. We must have walked to the top because the stair case ended and Mikey began walking down the hall.

Damn, how large is this building. It didn't seem that large outside.

"Almost there, I live in the very last apartment," Mikey stated.

We finally got to a grey door with a brass number on it that said 312. He pulled out his keys and stuck a green on into the door knob, turned it and the door was unlocked.

He pushed the door open and led me inside. The walls were white and some picture hung from them. Most of them looked like a great artist had drawn them.

"It's not much, but it's home."

As Mikey said that, Deja Vu rushed over me; that was a line strait out of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

"Harry Potter fan?" I asked on impulse.

"Huh?" he said.

"That line, it's from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets."

"Oh, no not really. I've read books," he explained. "And I've watched the movies, but I'm not into them like being a fan, I guess."

"Oh," I said. "I am. They are my favorite books."

"Cool," he said. "Do you want anything to drink or eat?''

"No, thanks," I declined poilitly.

"Mmkay. Follow me. I have something to show you."

With that he headed on down the hall way twords a brown door. He walked in it, me fallowing close behind. It was a bed room. It must be his room.

The walls were covered in posters, drawings and other random works of art/music. I could tell he liked most of the things I did just by looking at him. But seeing his room, God. It was like heaven to me in here.

He walked over to the closet and pulled a box out. The box was labled: Childhood.

I didn't understand why he would want to show me something from his childhood but I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

"Come sit on the bed with me," he half asked.

I walked over to his bed and sat on it next to him. He opened the bo and shuffled through the contents before pulling out a picture of two young children. One of them looked like a younger version of Mikey.

"That's me and my brother. It's the only and last picture that was taken of us together." Mikey said, his voice cracking slightly. "I-I never got to see him grow up. I don't know why but my parents sent me away to my aunts house for a summer and I-I never went b-back."

I looked up at him to see a small tear run out from under his glasses and make its way down his cheak. I smiled weakly, reasuringly.

"They would sometimes come over to see me. They never brought him with them. I would over hear them talking to Aunty. They would fight over if I should stay here or go back."

By now his voice was thick with the sound you hear when people are fighting off crying. I could tell it hurt him to talk because he was forceing himself to not cry.

"They would say that he was broken and that he missed me terribly. They even thought he turned to cutting to get rid of the pain of my death, they called it." he was so close to tears now that I was amazed that he hadn't broken down yet. I really felt like hugging him right now. "One time, they-they came and told her that he thought I had died. Saying that he-he found me on the bathroom floor bl-bleeding."

He was shaking terribly now. His sobs shaking his delicate frame. I set the picture in the box, moved the box off his lap and pulling him into a tight hug. I felt so bad for him, for being torn away from his brother that I could just sence that he loved with every fiber in his body.

"You know, you remind me a lot of him, Frank. You do." Mikey wispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine as his warm breath hit the back of my neak. "Ever since I met you, it seems like I have my brother back. It seems like the empty hole in my heart is filled."

That touched me right there. It brought tears to my eyes. No one ever said that to me before.

"I-I don't know what I would have done if I didn't meet you, Frank. I love you."

Whoa! Wait a minute! Did he just say what I think he did? He loves me?? No way!

My breathing stoped and I could feel his heart beat against my cheast. I didn't know what to say. I mean, my best friend just admited that he loved me, how could that be?

I pulled away and wiped the tears from his pale face. His eyes were slightly red a puffy from crying. He had this look in his eyes. Like he was about to break if I let go of him. Like he would curl up and die if I didn't love him back.

But it all seemed to go away once his lips were against mine. I'm not sure who started it, but it was sweet. He had this taste about him. Coffee and skittles and something else. But I couldn't figure out what that other taste was.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, fear clearly printed on his face.

What just happened?

AN: I hope you all like this story... I have the WHOLE thing writen out, but after I post all of the chapters from INO, I'm going to throw in some other chapters too...Also... YAY!! YOU FINALLY KNOW WHO THE MAIN CHARACTOR IS!!