Six Feet Underground

Oh. My. God. Mikey is.... Mikey?


I came up with some new charectors for the cartoon I'm working on. Here's the first one:

Image
His name is The Breakfast Monkey. Dusty says that I should keep that idea and use it for a base as a cartoon proposal to Cartoon Network when I graduate. I'm not sure. The teacher likes it. So I guess it must be somewhat good.
Mum tried to get me to go to Aunts today. I don't wanna. She's mean. They've been going to her house every week end. Instead of going with them, I go to my Grandma's house for the weekend. She's cool. She's been teaching me how to play the piano and she is helping me with my art. She inspires me a lot. I don't know what I would do with out her.
They've got me back on anti-depressants. It's depressing to be back on them. They say they'll help me. I don't think being addicted to pills helps.
The itching is getting worse now. I don't know why. My doctor tried to look at it. I pulled away. He put this stuff on it, claiming it'll help. It stung and made me want to itch more and more. When he left the room I washed it off and tried to cover it up. It didn't work.
He told mum. She's disappointed in me. I can't help it that I'm a fuck up. I wasn't meant to do anything.
Well, I have to go.
Dusty is taking me out for drinks tonight. He said I need a pick-me-up. I don't get it. I don't really care. I'm getting happier but feeling slightly guilty about being happy now that he's gone.
xoxo Gerard


There was a wrinkled picture that was turned upside down. The back had black writing on it that said: The last picture I have of me and my brother, Mikey.
I looked at the writing for a little bit before I turned the picture over to see:
Image
Oh. My. God.
Mikey, my Mikey. Is the Mikes Gerard always writes about? Misses so much? The one that 'killed' himself?
Shock set it. Oh. My. God.
He didn't die as Gerard said. Mikey went away for that one summer and never came back like he told me. He never killed himself. He was never laying on the bathroom floor bleeding.
That's why Gerard's parents don't understand. That's why they don't know what's wrong. He was never dead.

A small tear ran down my face as I thought about it more and more. So the kid that Gerard had seen a few times was Mikey? Mikey actually did call Gerard and have him meet him somewhere? But how come they didn't meet?
Did Gerard go on the wrong day? Wrong time?
Or was it set far in the future and they never got to meet because Gerard died?
I've gotta call Mikey!