Six Feet Underground

Where am I? Who's Anay? Who is the woman talking t

"....wake up.....Frank? I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have hung up.....should've listened to you....miss you....."

"Frank....me again, Mikey. I went to your apartment....the notebooks and read them....."


I couldn't move or do anything. I could only stay where ever I was and listen to Mikey's fadding voice. I couldn't comprehend most of it as his voice would come and go freely.

"Frank.....tell..where is the notebook that you were reading last? I've read em all...."
His voice was back again. He read em all? He wanted the last one...
"Please, Frank. You've gotta wake up and tell me. I need to know what happened to my brother. I need to find out if he's alive or not. I've got to know...."

At this point I desperately wish I was awake. I wanted to comfort him, wipe his tears away and tell him it would be alright even though we both know it wasn't going to be.
I wanted to wake up to show him the video's I've found in the box. The ones from Gerard's childhood and last moments alive.

He needed to know what happened.

"Hey, Frank. Your boss gave me some of the things that was left there," Mikey's voice returned once again after a bery long time of not hearing it. "I'm sorry that I haven't been here to see you in a long time. I've been very busy trying to figure all of this out."

His voice wasn't distant this time. It was very clear and kinda loud. It never faded or faltered.

"Anyway, he gave me a few notebook. They were-" his voice was gone, but not because I was losing conciousness. His voice must have broke with all the emotions funning through him.

A girls voice broke my thoughts. It was soft, calm, caring and love-filled. "Mikey," she wispered. "Hun, please don't cry."

"But he might not ever wake up and never be able to help me."

"Don't be thinging that, Hun." she assured. "Now, oh GOD! Look at the time. Anay must miss us!"

Anay? I thought. Who was Anay

"Yeah, and your mom must be tired of taking care of her for so long." Mikey agreed. "But can I stay and say goodbye?''

"Sure, just don't be to long." she replied. "I'll be down in the loby."

I heard the clicking of heals on linolium and a door being opened and closed as she must have left the room. Once the door was closed, Mikey grabbed my right hand and gave it a small squeeze.

"Frank?" he wispered, as if talking any louder would hurt me. "Please, Frank, please wake up. I miss being able to hear your voice, your laugh. I miss your eyes, the way they sparkled when ever we would figure out the crosswords. You remember that? God, that was so long ago. It seems like a lifetime has passed since that day, but it's only been two years."

What the fuck!? Two years!?!? I've been.... where ever I am for two years!

His voice interuped my thoughts. "They've asked me many times to just let you go, but I won't do that. Never. You're to-" his voice broke and I could tell that he was trying hard not to cry. I wanted so badly to confort him, wipe his tears away and tell him that I'll never leave him. I'll always be there for him, to keep on fighting when he was to weak to fight any more, to kiss his pain away.

To help him solve his brothers mystery.