Another Day In Class...

Chapter 17

We woke to Bob shaking us. I batted his hand away before wearily rubbing my eyes and looking at the clock. 7:16 am.

“Bob, what the hell?”

“We have school today!” I groaned and rolled out of bed onto the floor.

“Ow.” Bob just shook his head.

“Come on you two up! MJ you have to leave in fifteen minutes!” MJ simply pulled the covers over her head and ignored Bob.

“Fine you can explain to dad why you weren’t at school today.”

“Okay I'm up!” she said quickly jumping out of bed.

She frantically ran around her room getting dressed. She kissed my cheek and ran out the door. I groaned once again and finished getting dressed. It was about 8am by the time me and Bob were both ready. We raced out the door and into his car.

“Bob can we please get to school safely this time? I really don’t want to die this morning.” I said smiling at him.

“Hey you’re always safe with me.” He said slightly defensively.

I giggled and we turned up the music loud. We were singing and being idiots the whole way to school. Bob found a park and slide into it sideways. I thought I was going to die. I grabbed hold of the dashboard and clung onto it for dear life. Bob parked it perfectly like that. He glanced at me and laughed.

He ruffled my hair and said, “Come on kiddo, I got music and you have um,” he paused as he got out the car not actually knowing what I had.

“History, Bob.” I said smiling and slamming his car door.

“Well shush. I have to go meet up with Gerard and Frank. They are in my class. Oh and we have an assembly today! Don’t skip it!” He said running off to class.

I sighed and walked into history. I sat down at my usual seat in the middle away from the jocks and the nerds. I was by myself which is the way I liked it.

“Hey.” I heard a voice behind me say.

I turned to see one of my sisters’ friends sitting behind me.

“Hey Jason.” I said in a dull tone. “Why that tone?” he said shuffling his desk forward to be next to mine. I glanced at his desk next to mine and gave him a confused look.

“What the hell are you doing?”

“Talking, keeping you company.”

“Jason. You do know how I am right? Are you having short term memory loss, amnesia perhaps?” I said putting a hand to his forehead.

He pushed it away and started laughing at me. “None of the above. I don’t think. It’s just you always sit here on your own and I figured you would like some company.” He said smiling.

“You’re weird. Jason what are you really doing?” I said opening my book as the teacher entered.

“Meet me outside after class okay?” He said doing the same. I glanced at him but nodded.

This teacher was a lot more interesting than my English teacher. He didn’t ramble on about nothing he actually gave us work. He occasionally picked on kids, but it was fun, he made learning fun.

Oh God did I just say he made learning fun.

I laughed at myself thinking these things as I wrote down my notes. I could feel Jason’s eyes burning a hole into my skull.

Bell rang for the end of class and I threw everything back into my messenger bag and made my way outside to wait for Jason. Soon after the whole class had emptied Jason came over to me.

“Okay spill, boy! What was that all about?” I said pushing him against a locker. He looked at me startled and then brushed my hand off him.

“I don’t know. I guess I'm not as in love with Taylor as the rest of the school, let’s just say I have the hots for her little sister.” He said leaning forward and kissing me lightly on the lips before winking at me and walking away.

I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back, slamming him against the locker harder than before. I slapped him so hard his head fell to the side and slammed into the locker next to him.

“Ow you bitch!” He said grasping his cheek.

“What the fuck was that for?”

“Are you seriously asking that question?! You kissed me, asshole! I'm taken! You can’t just go around kissing people.” I yelled still holding him against the locker.

By now we had attracted a large group of people. I really didn’t care. “Jason! You fucking bastard don’t you ever, ever think you can do that again!” I said violently shoving him against the locker for the third time.

“What?! Who the fuck in their right mind would date you?!” He asked with a smug look on his face.

“Me!” I heard Frank’s voice from behind me.

I turned around slightly to see Frank emerge from the crowd.I smiled at him; he came up behind me and kissed my cheek.

“You fucking with my girlfriend?” he said in a serious tone I didn’t even know he had.

“I’d rather be fucking her…” Jason said under his breath but unfortunately for him Frank heard it.

“Motherfucker! Take that fucking back!” Frank gently pulled me off Jason and grabbed his shirt.

“You want to talk shit boy here’s your chance!”