Another Day In Class...

Chapter 36

Loz? Who is this girl? Ahhh I'm so confused. Who is Loz?!

Once Gerard had let go of her after about ten minutes she walked nervously into the room. MJ had by now gotten up and started hugging Gerard making sure this new girl knew he was taken. Both Michelle and Molly went to claim their boys also, since Frank wasn’t actually here at this point I couldn’t claim him. I watched as Loz padded across the room to the armchair obviously feeling uncomfortable.

“Laura dear would you like a drink?” Donna asked her kindly obviously noting her nervousness and the awkward atmosphere.

“Um..sure..” she smiled at Mrs Way who gave her a sympathetic smile back and disappeared into the kitchen.

Gee detached himself from MJ and went over to Loz. He knelt down at the foot of the chair in front of her.

“Don’t worry. It wont be as awkward as this when Frank gets here. But I’ll do my best to try and get it more comfortable. For everyone.” He said smiling up at her placing a hand on her knee helping himself up.

She smiled back at him. “Everyone this is Laura or Loz whatever you want to call her.”

He grabbed her hand and pulled her up. Next he indicated to each of us in turn. “This over here is Ray and Bob.” He started with the boys as they smiled at her sweetly.

“This is Michelle, Ray’s girlfriend and Molly, Bob’s girlfriend.” They too smiled at the new girl.

“This gorgeous girl right here is my girlfriend, MJ, Bob’s sister.” He said hugging MJ into him and kissing her forehead.

“And this is…” he started.

Oh this is going to be interesting and very awkward.

“Manda. She’s Frankie’s…” he started before getting interrupted by his mother walking back in with Laura’s drink.

Great timing Donna.

She gratefully took it and I went back to setting up.

By the time we got done setting up it was about mid-day and Frank would be home soon. I started to mentally check everything was ready. Frank knew he was having a party but he had no idea what was going to be set up. Loz had been dropped back at where Mr and Mrs Way were living now to get changed and pick up Frank’s present.

It was about 2pm when Frank arrived home. He was blindfolded, my idea of course. Gerard lead him into the house and sat him down in the lounge room, the whole time he couldn’t stop giggling like a little girl. It was really cute. He was plonked onto the lounge by Gee, still giggling, when we took the blindfold off. His mouth hung agape and he stared around at the Halloween decorations that had been draped around the place.

“You…you guys went to all this trouble for..for me?” he said in awe.

“Of course we did.” I chimed in from behind him.

He spun around and a huge smile crept across his face as he jumped the lounge and charged at me full speed. He grabbed me around the waist and hugged me so tight I thought I was going to break in half. He gave me a big sloppy kiss on the forehead before stepping back grinning like mad.

“I love you baby thank you so much!” he said kissing my forehead again this time a lot less sloppy.

I felt myself smile at this and then reply, “I love you too.”

He smiled back and hugged me tight before his attention was averted away from me and to who had just entered the room. His mouth hung open like it had done when he saw the decorations not more than five minutes ago.

“Loz! Holy shit! Come here and give me a hug!” he said running over to her and almost knocking her off her feet hugging her.

I glanced at MJ, Michelle, Molly, Ray and Bob who all gave me the same glance in return.

Who is this girl?

I went into the kitchen silently not noticed by anyone but Gerard. “What’s wrong?” he questioned obviously noting how awkward everything was becoming.

“Nothing. Should something be?”

“Look I'm not blind. I may not be the brightest person here but I can see something is wrong here, ever since Lozzy walked in, what is it about her that makes you so God damn jumpy?!”

He was starting to get pushy and I didn’t like that.

I don’t know Gerard maybe the fact she has taken the attention of my boyfriend.

“She’s fine. She’s nice…” I started before he cut me off again.

“You’re jealous.” He stated matter-of-factly. “I knew it. Don’t worry. You don’t have to be. Frank loves you. You’re his girlfriend. His one and only…” he started to trail off for some reason.

“But?” I prompted.

“What?” he seemed slightly confused.

“You had ‘but’ face.” He gave me a really weird insulted look and I giggled realizing what I had just said to him.

“You looked like you were going to say something else.” He shook his head and started laughing at me. I playfully hit his arm before grabbing a bag of chips and heading back in to see Loz and Frank stuffing their faces with skittles. Frank looked up at me and grinned with a mouthful of skittles. I shook my head and sat down in the arm chair again just watching them.