Another Day In Class...

Chapter 41

I was about to reach for the band of his boxers when there was a loud bang coming from downstairs in the kitchen. I glanced up at frank whose eyes were pleading me not to go and just leave it but I couldn’t. my curiosity got the better of me.

I managed to tear myself away from a pleading Frank and grab my bra from the floor along with my jeans, and slipped them both back on.

I said him a quick, “I love you” and slipped from the room.

I heard him sigh in frustration and flop down onto the bed; I smiled to myself and giggled softly. I continued down the still dark hallway past the other rooms to see the others paired off in their couples and curled up in some dark corner together. I finally got to the kitchen doorway when I felt a cool breeze lashing my cheeks. I glanced over to notice the door was left open; I glanced at it curiously and then quickly checked the room. Nothing. I padded my way across the room to the back door and quickly shut it.

I heard a soft creaking sound coming from the direction I had just come from. I shrugged it off thinking it was only the guys walking around looking in and being perverts on the other couples. I shook my head at my thoughts and grabbed a glass of water from the fridge before starting my journey back to my lover. My feet started to sting from the coldness of the floorboards.

Stupid weather making it cold at night. I heard a scurry of footsteps behind me and I spun around quicker than I thought I could almost slipping on the hardwood floor. There was nothing behind me so I decided it was just the boys being idiots and running around in the dark trying to scare us.

I walked into the bathroom because I thought I had seen someone, one of the boys go in there so I thought I’d scare them by going in. I slowly pushed the small silver handle lightly and to my surprise the door was unlocked and pushed open simply. I opened the door slightly and glanced around the corner. It was silent and still as if no one had even entered it in the last day. I saw a shadow move suddenly in the far right corner of the room near the shower. I squinted my eyes to see into the darkness and saw a shadow behind the shower curtain. I thought it was one of the boys so I went to check it out. I padded slowly across the room to the shower and as I neared the shadow I noticed a vile smell. It was horrible almost gut-wrenching.

I was starting to get scared this was not normal and if it was the boys I am going to kill them. I reached out shakily to the curtain and pulled it back slightly. The sight was horrific. I almost threw up right then and there.

My eyes widened and I wanted to scream my lungs out but no sound came from my lips. I was paralyzed with fear. There laying in the bathtub part of the shower, slain and bloody, was the limp lifeless body of my best friend.

Ray.

I finally got sound out when I noticed that I was able to speak I screamed at the top of my lungs. I heard hurried footsteps coming down the hall and then the door burst open. I spun around to see Frank in the doorway. He glanced at me confused and then noticed the body lying in the tub. He ran to the sink instantly and threw up.

“What the fuck happened!?” he yelled. I was still unable to move.

After about ten minutes of looking at Ray’s limp lifeless body I convinced my brain that I had to check him. I bent down slowly and reached out cautiously to slowly stroke his cheek lightly trying to get a response.

“Ray…please…please don’t be dead. You cant leave me…you’re my best friend…I love you Ray please wake up.” I whispered lightly through the tears that were streaming down my face.

I shook him lightly trying to wake him up. I started crying more and more when I got no response.

“Ray!” I practically screamed.

I leant my head down onto the ledge of the bath and sobbed silently onto it.

Where are the others? Are they dead too? I don’t understand?