Another Day In Class...

Chapter 5

We made our way back towards the school to meet up with the others. We got there and Frank sat down on the wooden logs that surrounded our school. I was lazy and I sat on the ground. Frank sat on the log behind where I was sitting and pulled my shoulders back so I was resting on his legs. It was a sunny day, so I closed my eyes and let the rays from the sun soak into what flesh I had exposed. It was about ten minutes before the final bell rang for the end of school and the once empty grounds had been instantly filled with bustling kids, who can’t wait to get out of that place, which I understand completely.

Frank stood up and helped me up off the ground. I dusted myself off as we saw the others come towards us. Ray was the first one over and the first one to hug me. Then Gerard and Bob came towards us. I was about to point out Frank’s new tattoos before Frank covered my mouth and stopped me.

He leant down and whispered into my ear, “Don’t. I want to see if they notice.”

I just nodded in agreement and he grinned. Bob, Ray and Gerard just stared at the two of us.

“Is there something going on between you two that we should know about? Cos sure as hell looks sus to me.” Bob said curiously.

“Um, no. Bob if there was you know I would have told you. You’re like my big brother.” I said smiling and hugging him. He smiled but wouldn’t take his eyes off Frank. I pulled away from hugging Bob and noticed he was staring at Frank.

“Um, Bob. Maybe it’s you we should be questioning. You seem to be staring at Frank a whole lot. You okay, buddy?” I giggled.

Bob shook his head. “I wasn’t staring at Frank thank you missy. I was staring at the thing on his neck that wasn’t there before you two left for class. Manda you didn’t take him to Jimmy’s did you.” I looked away.

“Maybe. I had a really good idea, and yeah well Jimmy and Frank both like it. So.” I said innocently poking my tongue out at Bob.

“Put that thing back in your mouth or I'm going to chop it off.” Ray said playfully.

“Okay guys. Home-time. How are you two getting home? Wait… Where do you guys actually live?” Ray asked Frank and Gerard.

Frank glanced at Gerard, “Um, Walkins Road, up by the Starbucks.” Gerard giggled. “If you can't tell Gerard lives for coffee. He would marry it if he could.” Frank smiled.

Gee glared at him quickly before indicating his car parked across the road. It was silver, not too old but not exactly a new car.

“Wow that’s like a street or something away from me. Can I steal a ride home from you guys? If not its cool I can get a ride with Bob, but in all honesty Bob drives like a crazy person.”

I said smiling at Frank and Gerard then at Bob. Bob just looked at me shocked like he had no idea what I was talking about.

“Yeah sure, no problem.” Gee said grabbing his keys out his bag, I said goodbye to Ray and Bob and followed Frank and Gee to their car.

During the trip home I changed the subject of our conversation about music and bands to a random thought I had.

“Wait a second… Do you guys like live together or something?”

“That was random and yeah we do for now. It’s just me and Frank in an apartment, our parents are looking for a place here. Our dads work together n both got transferred here from NJ and yeah well here we are.” Gerard said but not taking his eyes off the road.

He was a much safer and saner driver than Bob. “Oh um, awesome, well that’s my house, the next one.” I said indicating the two storey house.

“Holy shit. That’s your house?! Nice pile of bricks you got there.” Frank said staring at my house through the window.

“It’s okay, I guess. A bit big for my liking, but its home.” I said getting out the car.

“Bye, guys. Thanks for the ride home, appreciate it. Take care, okay. See ya tomorrow.” I waved and walked towards my house as the boys drove off.