Another Day In Class...

Chapter 7

I glanced at my cell phone. Sure why not? I said to myself. I dialed Frank’s number into the phone. Ring, ring, ring.

“Hello?” I heard Frank’s exhausted voice say.

“Hi!! It’s Manda.” I said trying not to laugh at him being so out of breath.

“Do I want to know what you were doing before I rang you that made you so out of breath?”

“It’s not what you’re thinking. My phone was in the kitchen and I had to run to get it.”

“Sure, Frank. I mean you live alone in an apartment with another guy. It sounds kind of sus.” I said laughing.

“Oh that’s just sick, eww. I wouldn’t touch him, like that. He’s like my best friend. No way. Just cos we live together doesn’t mean we are in a relationship. That’s just…Eww!” He said half serious and half trying not to laugh.

“Relax, Princess. I was joking.” I said moving from the sofa to my bed and laying down at the end. Frank sighed and then I heard Gerard in the background,

“Frank, baby come back to bed…” Gerard burst out laughing. Frank just went silent.

“So I was right, Frank.” I said laughing.

“Piss off, Gerard!”

“Aww come on, Frank. Leave him alone he has to entertain himself somehow.”

“Gee, go watch porn or something just leave me alone for a while huh?” I burst out laughing that time.

“What?” Frank said giggling.

“You guys are insane. How you haven’t killed each other by now is beyond me.”

A while into the conversation I rolled over and glanced at my clock. 11:45pm. I sighed.

“Hey, Frank. I should probably go, it’s getting late and I have to have a shower and wash my hair and pick an outfit and make up for shopping in the morning.”

“What were you saying before about not being like other girls?” He said laughing at me, obsessing over everything I had to do.

“Shut up, Frankie. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, night, night. Love you. Tell Gerard I said goodnight also.” I said giggling and walking towards the bathroom.

“Alright, alright. Goodnight, sweet dreams. Yeah I’ll tell him for ya. Love ya too.” He said and I hung up and put my phone down on the bench before going in for a shower.

After my shower, I walked around the room and getting dressed as I found the things I was looking for on the floor. I crawled across my tiger-stripe quilt, and got under the black silk sheets and laid my head on the gold silk pillows. I laid my head down to sleep with visions of the day just gone, running through my head

I awoke to the sound of my Ghostbusters ring tone. Without looking at it I flipped it open and answered the call with a very tired,

“hello…” and a yawn.

“WAKE UP LOSER! WE ARE GOING SHOPPING!!” was the response I got from Bob’s sister, MJ.

MJ and I had been friends for about two years; she is how Taylor met Luke, and how I met Bob. There was about a year between her and Bob and almost three between her and Luke.

“Okay, okay. I'm up. I’ll meet you in about twenty minutes okay?” I groaned.

“OKAY! Um, Bob and his friends are going too.” She said, I could tell she was smiling madly.

“Oh yeah I know them boys, nice guys.” I said smiling probably as much as she was.

“Oh um, Bob said he was going to pick you up in about ten minutes okie. Bye, bye.”

She said hanging up the phone. Ten minutes?! Oh god! I said to myself. I quickly jumped, or fell to be more precise, out of bed, and ran into the bathroom. I grabbed my black skinny jeans, and my converse shoes. I quickly did my make up. I ran upstairs to the laundry where I was interrupted by my mother.

“And where do you think your going, young lady?”

"To the shops with the boys and MJ, Bob was going to pick me up in a few minutes.”

I said grabbing a pink tank top and a black mid-drift jacket and slipping them on. My mother sighed and said,

“Just be careful. Have fun.” I gave her a surprised look.

“Yeah, thanks mum I will. Oh got to go. Bye love ya.” I said before kissing her on the cheek and running out the house.

I got greeted by MJ, she had her shoulder length brown hair straightened and was wearing her white skinny jeans with black converse and a ‘Fall Out Boy’ t-shirt.