Status: slowly but surely getting there. updates (hopefully) coming soon (:

Why Me? Tell Me

I Call Shotgun

“Awwwwwwww, they are so cute,” I barely heard. I kept my eyes closed, even though I wasn’t asleep.

“Melanie, why are you so loud?” I heard Nick whisper, but I could feel him smiling. “Let’s just let them sleep.” Them? Me and Joe. . .

Melanie yelled a flirtatious giggle. “Shut up, Mel,” I thought.

“Well, I must take a picture,” Melanie said, whispering now. “It will be blackmail.” Before I could open my eyes, I heard a click.

“DANGIT,” I thought. “She took it. I’m gonna kill her.”

I slowly opened my eyes to see Nick and Melanie standing in front of me, smirking. I looked to my right to see Joe with his eyes closed. His arm was around my shoulder. I had cuddled into his shoulder with my legs on the couch. His mouth was slightly open with a little bit of drool dripping from the corner of his mouth. I had to admit that the sight was slightly amusing.

Nick laughed. “Well, good morning sunshine. The movie ended like three hours ago. It is like six.” I yawned and stretched my arms out, waking up Joe.

“Huh?” Joe said sleepily. “What’s going on?” His hair was sticking up in all different directions.

Melanie had to let out a hearty laugh. “Well Joseph, you and my best friend here fell asleep during Mulan.” She pointed to me. I stuck my tongue out. “And Nick, here, and I went to get ice cream. We came back, and you were still sleeping. How you sleep that much is beyond me. But now, we’re hungry again. Do you guys want to go out for dinner? Or we can cook something? Or take out?”

“Melanie, shut up,” I said. I got up. My body ached. “I kinda want to go get Chinese food. But do I feel like getting ready?” The rhetorical question lingered there, and no one answered me.

“Well, I want to get out,” Joe said. “I didn’t go out all day. That is unproductive.” He got up and stood next to me. I could still smell faintly his cologne. It was addicting.

I shook my head. “Alright,” I said. “I guess we’re going out. Is it okay with their parents?” I nodded my head towards Nick and Joe.

“Yep,” Melanie answered chirpily. “Denise said that we should do something. She and Paul took Frankie out to some place. So I guess Joe is driving.” She looked a bit nervous.

“YES! Driving!” Joe yelled. He jumped out in happiness. I rolled my eyes. “I’m gonna go get ready.” He bolted up the stairs.

“Okie dokie then. Melanie, come with me to pick a suitable outfit,” I said, pulling my best friend up the stairs.

“Hey, what about me?” I heard Nick say.

I yelled, “Just go start the car or something!” I needed to talk to Mel about Nick.

When we got into my room, I closed my door behind me. Melanie started looking through my clothes.

“So I’m thinking jeans and a nice shirt?” Melanie said, rummaging through the closet. She pulled out my dark skinny jeans and a flowery shirt I bought at Forever21.

“Yeah, yeah,” I said, grabbing her first choices without thinking about it. “I don’t really care about what I wear. What I am curious about is: YOU AND NICK?” I practically yelled.

“Camille, SHUT UP,” Melanie whispered. “It isn’t anything.”

I smirked and said smugly, “Not yet, it’s not. Admit it. You have a thing for the little Jonas.” I changed into the clothes, as she tried to deny her crush on Nick.

“It isn’t that he isn’t attractive. He is actually gorgeous,” Melanie gushed. But she composed herself. “But he is going on tour, and he is your best friend. Shouldn’t you be the one who likes him? I mean. . .I hope I’m not liking your crush. I’m sorry. I don’t know. I would but he doesn’t like me like that. He wouldn’t. I just don’t know. . .” It was amusing watching her ramble.

“Melanie, I don’t have a crush on Nick. He is like my brother. My best friend. Nothing more,” I smirked again. “You guys would be cute. C’mon. I see the way he looks at you. You guys would be perfect. I’m setting you up.”

“Camille, you can’t!” Melanie reprimanded. “You are terribly at hinting at things. You’ll just blurt it out and be awkward! I don’t deal with boys!”

I laughed again because I knew it was the truth. “Let’s go, you wacko. Let’s go eat and you can flirt it up.” I winked as we walked downstairs. Nick and Joe were standing there.

“Let’s goooooooooooooooooooooooo,” Joe said, eager to drive.

Melanie whispered to me, “Well, don’t act innocent, Camille. You definitely have a thing for Joe. So don’t you dare do anything tonight.” I just brushed it off like it was nothing.

“I call shotgun!” I yelled as I bolted for the door. It was going to be a fun night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. I'm trying. Junior year. *sigh* I'm not ready. Comments?

love,
Caramelle <3333333333333333333333333333333333