Learning to Fall

Under My Umbrella

As I stood waiting for the bus to show up it began to rain steadily. I sighed as I pulled my hood on. Just my freaking luck.

"Need an umbrella?"

I turned to see a girl with long brown hair standing behind me with a Hello Kitty umbrella in her hand. "Uh...yeah thanks," I said taking the spot next to her.

"I'm Karissa. Everyone calls me Kari. I live three houses down. You must be Jade," she said as she began walking.

"Yeah, that's me," I said following her up the street, "Aren't you going to wait for the bus?"

"Nien, we'll be there forever if we wait," she answered with a smile. "I like your sweatshirt," she added flicking the ears on the hood.

"Thanks. My best friend back in America got it for me," I said.

"It's cute. My friend Xanthia would love it. You should meet my friends. They'd love you."

"That'd be nice. I thought I wouldn't have any friends here."

"Dressed as cute as you are, how could no one like you?" a boys voice said from behind us.

"Your girlfriend wouldn't be very happy if she heard you Karl," Kari said angrily.

"Who asked you anyway Kari?" the boy called Karl asked with a smirk as he reaced to touch my face.

"Don't touch me," I said smacking his hand.

"Why not?" he asked trying again.

"I don't like strangers touching me," I answered punching him in the stomach, "Next time it'll be your crotch," I added poking him with the toe of my combat boots.

"Don't mind him. He's the class flirt," Kari said as we ran away laughing.

"Seems like the class asshole," I muttered making her laugh again.

"What do you have first period?"

"Ummmm.....Math. Frankenwaller."

Kari grinned, "Me too. My cooler friends have that class too."

I stood staring at the huge double doors. I sighed Now or never. I'd have to conqor high school eventually.

"High school is where you make the friends you keep forever," my mom had said on the plane.

Friends Forever or Never I thought grimly as I followed Kari to my first class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit- Umbrella- Rihanna

Comments = <33