Learning to Fall

Sleep With One Eye Open

“Remind me why I agreed to this?”

Kari grinned as she pulled out of her driveway. “You agreed to hang out with us because you know you love us.”

I rolled my eyes and smiled, “No. I agreed to this in a moment of weakness. If you haven’t noticed, I don’t do the whole makeup thing.”

“I hadn’t noticed,” she answered glancing at me as she drove to Lys’ house.

I sighed. The whole sleepover idea sounded like fun but it was the party the next day that I dreaded. I didn’t do well at parties considering I was mildly claustrophobic.

“You okay?” Kari asked as we drove up Lys’ driveway.

I forced a smile, “Yeah. Let’s do this thing okay?”

She grinned, “Okay. But I warn you now, Xanny and Lys are insane.”

I smirked, “They may have just met their match.”

Kris laughed as we walked up to the door. “If you can keep up with them, I’ll consider it an accomplishment.”

The door opened and we were dragged into the living room of Lys’ house. She stood in front of us with a huge grin on her face. “Welcome ladies, to my humble home. My rooms the first one on the left. Make yourselves comfortable, I just have to make a quick phone call.”
I watched suspiciously as Lys walked away into her kitchen. “She’s up to something isn’t she?” I asked.

Kari shrugged, “Who cares. Let’s go find Xanny.”

I followed Kari up the stairs to a small bedroom. The walls were covered in My Chemical Romance and Green Day posters.

“I’m guessing you like the room,” Xanny said from her spot on Lys’ bed.

I nodded, “Yea. We have the same taste in music.”

“You likey my roomy?” Lys said as she walked into the room and tossed Xanny her cell phone.

“Yeah it’s awesome. Who were you calling?”

She glanced at Xanny and grinned. “No one. PAJAMAS ON NOW! It’s tradition. We get into our pajamas as soon as we get to someone’s house.”

Kari grabbed her bag and walked out the door, “I’m gonna go use your bathroom Lys,” she called behind her.

“Sounds good Karissa!” Lys yelled.

“Can I tell her please?!” Xanny begged in a loud whisper.

“Wait for it….” Lys said obviously waiting for the sound of the bathroom door closing. There was a soft click of the door closing and then she nodded at Xanny.

“WE CALLED THE BOYS!” Xanny whispered egarly.

My heart jumped into my throat. I had been hoping they wouldn’t do this. As much as I loved the boys Georg still made me nervous.

“Well don’t get so excited Jade,” Xanny said with a pout.

“I get it. You’re nervous. You like Georg don’t you?” Lys said with a smile.

My cheeks turned deep red. “I don’t like him. I barely even know him!”

“Who?” Kari asked as she walked back into the room.

“Oh. My. God. Those are definitely new PJ’s Kari!” Lys squealed.

I turned to see Kari standing in the doorway to Lys’ room. She was wearing a practically see through light pink camisole with red hearts on it and a pair of black short shorts.

“Where did you get that slutty little job?” Xanny asked with a smirk.

Kari’s face turned deep crimson, “They’re the only pajamas I had Gott verdammt,” she snapped as she sat down on the floor next to me.

At that moment the door bell rang. A small grin spread across Xanny’s face.

“Hey Kari, do me a favor and answer the door?” Lys said as she got the nail polish and took my hand.

Kari nodded as she went downstairs. We giggled excitedly and walked halfway down the stairs after her.

“Well those are deffinately new.”

“Heilig Scheiße! Gustav!”

“Where did you get those?” Gustav asked as he wrapped his arms around Kari’s waist.

She turned six shades of red and kissed him gently. “I borrowed them from my sister.”

“Get a room you two,” Bill said as he pushed past Gustav to hug Xanny tightly.

Kari blushed as she took Gustav's hand. "Why do you guys insist on embarssing me?"

Lys shrugged and grinned, "It's quite entertaining. Come on in boys. There's a movie in the VCR."

I glanced up at Georg and our eyes met. He looked away in embarssment and my cheeks flushed with heat. I followed him into the living room cursing my shyness. I hoped the rest of the night didn't go the same way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit: Sleep With One Eye Open - Bring Me The Horizon
Gott verdammt - God damn it

Sorry this took so long!.
More soon. I promise!

Comments = <3

Joanie