In Space, No One Can Hear You Rock

Chapter Four: Confessions, Mix-Ups, And The Truth

“Damn... I gotta move the drum set this way...” Sarah grumbled as she fiddled with her DW drum kit, trying to move it as best to the center as she possibly could. Conor was on the left side of the stage, plugging in the cord of a bass he was borrowing from Elise into a small amp, and Elise and Dave were busy tuning up their guitars. Elise, however, was slightly more backstage, almost trying to hide behind the curtains as she plucked a string. The last two hours were spent getting the stage ready, as well as the instruments, and during this time, Elise felt a feeling in her stomach that signaled alone time. Plus, she had a feeling that she’d been hanging around Dave too much, which increased the strangeness. The simple little crush she had was growing, and it was driving her crazy.
“This is unreal... why does all the love-sick nonsense happen to me?” she muttered, trying to hide the flow of tears that now fell from her face. She then wiped one away, and shortly after, felt a strong, yet gentle hand on her shoulder.
“Are you okay, Elise?” a familiar masculine voice whispered. Slightly shocked, she turned to see Dave, his face showing concern. Elise sniffled and shrugged.
“I don’t know... I just don’t know anymore...” she responded, hiding her tear-streaked face from the rock star. Dave then looked down at her.
“Elise...” he couldn’t finish, because the brunette had thrown her arms around him in a tight embrace, burying her face into his shoulder and sitting on her knees. Her voice was muffled as she spoke the following words,
“I’ve idolized you for so long... you’re just so amazing, and I could never even think of knowing you like this... it’s driving me crazy...” she sniffled again, then whispered these last words, “...I love you, Dave...”
The rock star’s eyes widened just a little bit, as he was slightly taken aback by Elise’s statement, but he smiled faintly as he slowly wrapped his arms around her, returning the hug and gently stroked her hair. “It’s okay, Elise... it’s alright to feel that way. I know how you feel.”
The brunette looked up at him, eyes shining, although they still were lidded with tears. “R-Really?” she managed to ask, starting to smile. Dave nodded, and Elise nuzzled back into him, finally smiling. The redhead then laughed to himself, and rubbed her back, helping her relax.
They stayed like that for a long time, until they heard the sound of an approaching spaceship’s engine motor. They both slowly released the hug, almost reluctantly, but smiled at each other as they walked towards their guitars.
Meanwhile, Conor was watching them behind the opposite curtain, smirking triumphantly as he saw what had unfolded. “Perfect... absolutely perfect...”

The “Saxoblivion”, along with the main Martian Ship, was indeed approaching. The soft jazz music that was playing throughout the space surrounding them was soon ignored when the Martian Leader and Commander spotted what looked like an extremely large stage floating in front of them.
“Does Earth honestly expect to stop us with a big curtain?” the commander asked, gesturing towards what he saw. The Martian Leader simply shrugged, waving a hand in the air. “I suppose we’ll have to humor them.”
As the Martians slowly approached, the outlining and lighting of the stage became clearer, and they could tell it was the humans. Meanwhile, Conor, Sarah, Elise, and Dave stood in certain spots of the stage, behind the curtain. Elise turned to her younger brother.
“So, did you get the main lights right?” she asked, tapping her foot on the ground. Conor had a rather large... goofy smile on his face, trying to hide something like a fit of giggles.
“Yup... I got them good...” he responded, snickering under his breath.
Elise could only roll her eyes. I have a feeling that this is not gonna be good...

After coming in close enough contact with each ship, Conor smiled stupidly, running to grab a microphone from the right side of the stage. Watching him, Elise groaned, pinching the brim of her nose again. The 14-Year-Old then sped back, grinning from ear to ear as he shouted,
“Hello, Outer Space!” The other three sighed. Conor laughed to himself and continued, “Please welcome, your main attraction band...” he then pressed a button on his wristband, lighting up the top of the stage in what was supposedly the main lighting. But instead of saying Megadeth, like Elise wanted it to, it read... “Megadude!”

Absolute silence filled the air. No one spoke a word, until the voice of a very pissed-off 18-Year-Old seemed to break the sound barrier.
“WHAT?!”
Conor smirked broadly as he grabbed his bass and starting to play... or at least tried to play, as he sounded horrible. Sarah, Elise and Dave covered their ears, hoping to drone out the sound. Conor was having too much fun, but it was short-lived...
...because Elise had pulled the bass plug out of the amp.
It was now her turn to grin, turning to her younger sibling. “You can’t rock to save your life,” she laughed, watching Conor pout his bottom lip and looking mad. The brunette then snatched the microphone from his hands, walking to front-stage-center herself.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, are you ready to rock?” she shouted, surprisingly hearing cheering from the Martian robots, causing her to smile. “Then, without further distractions, get ready for the real main attraction, the loudest, nastiest, thrash-metal band you’ve ever seen, heard, or experienced!” at that moment, the last four lights exploded, changing into what Elise wanted them to say. Smiling, she finished, “Please welcome... MEGADETH!!”
Dave smiled to himself after a short while, looking up at the lights, then at Elise, then out at the opposing spaceships, saying only three words.
“Now, I remember...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, I've left y'all at a world-famous cliffhanger! What did Dave mean by those last words? Was it Elise's help that brought his memory back? Why did Conor mess up the lights? And why didn't Sarah do anything? You'll just have to wait for chapter five!