Status: on hiatus till December

Who Am I?

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Sliding out of bed Liz went strait to her dresser getting a change of clothes, but not before bumping into what she figured was a chair maybe. She wondered if her mother had rearranged her room again as she went to the bathroom and ended up in a closet.

“What is going on,” said Liz, and then her brain turned on as she sunk to the floor.

Then the light in the hall switched on, and the door opened.

“Morning,” said Michael as he looked down at his wife.

“Morning,” said Liz smiling as she felt how lucky she was to have Michael for a husband.

“Hand up?” asked Michael as held out his hand for hers.

“Yes,” Liz said taking his hand and he helped up her.

“This is for me,” said Michael as spun her into his embrace, and giving her a deep passionate kiss.

“I could get use to kisses like that,” said Liz smiling ear to ear.

“Could you?” said Michael seductively.

“Uh-huh,” said Liz.

“I could get use to being this happy,” said Michael as he scooped up Liz into his arms causing her to giggle.

“How about a shower,” asked Liz as she nibbled on his ear.

“You make it hard to say no,” said Michael groaning.

“That’s the point,” said Liz giggling.

“We have to be on time. Wait who am I kidding let’s go,” said Michael as he carried his wife off to the bathroom, and they both striped down.

Then they jumped in the shower, and showered as a couple. Finally Liz knew they’d be late if she didn’t get out, and she did. Quickly Liz put on her under garments and then her favorite new black shirt her mom had gotten her that looked similar to a lavish Japanese kimono and jeans.

“Michael, hurry up,” said Liz as picked up her clothes and toss into the hamper.

“Okay,” said Michael slipping out the shower dressing in jeans and a fitted long sleeve crewneck shirt.

“What are we going to do for breakfast?” asked Liz as she realized they had no food in the house.

“Go out,” said Michael as he followed Liz back to their bedroom.

“You will have to get food for the house cause I’m getting a job,” said Liz as she looked frantically around the bedroom.

“What are you looking for?” asked Michael.

“My ruffled red pumps,” said Liz still looking everywhere.

“You mean these,” said Michael picking them up from under the bed.

“Thank you!” said Liz as she took her shoes from Michael, but not before kissing Michael.

Then Liz slipped into her pumps, and Michael got his tennis shoes on.

“Lets get going,” said Liz as she picked up two back packs, and handed one to Michael.
michael
“What,” said Michael acting like he didn’t understand what his wife meant.

“You are going to school and you will do your best or else,” said Liz as she headed downstairs.

“Or else what? What? Liz, or else what,” asked Michael following her.

“You don’t want to find out,” said Liz as she went out the door grabbing her keys on the way out.

“You wouldn’t. That’s my right,” said Michael following her out.

“Lock the door,” said Liz as she head to the car as Michael went back and locked the door.

“No I wouldn’t that would punish me.” said Michael.

“You’d get K.P. detail, and Bathroom detail for a week,” said Liz as they both got in the car.

“No way!” said Michael as Liz started the car.

“Yes,” said Liz as she pulled out on the road.

“What do I get if I’m good?” asked Michael.

“Something worth wild,” said Liz as she looked for somewhere to get breakfast.

Then Liz saw it a small shop that seem to capture her complete attention, and before she knew it she had parked in front of what looked like a coffee shop. Not saying a word Liz got out of the car, and Michael followed behind his wife. Going into the shop Liz and Michael took a seat at the counter. Michael noticed this woman in the back, and from the back he would have thought it was Liz. When the woman whipped around, and she looked somewhat like Liz in small ways. Her smile remind him a lot of Liz when she was happy.

“Oh You two are new faces, and early raisers,” said the woman.

“We are entering school, and we have to have some information update,” said Liz not like herself at all.

“I’m Karen Roe, so what can I get you?” said Karen, and with that Liz fainted luckily Michael caught her.

“Is she okay?” asked Karen as her heart raced for the young woman and she felt this strong odd connection to her.

“No she isn‘t, and I’m going explain this before she starts coming to. We came to town because her birthmother lives or lived here. Her mother has the same name as you, and it’s kind of a shock,” said Michael.

“Birth name?’ asked Karen driven.

“Lacey,” said Michael.

“Lacey Ann Scott,” said Karen cutting him off.

“Yes,” said Michael.

“How? When?” asked Karen as she came around to her daughter side.

“A few weeks ago from a trunk of things. I am Michael Guerin her husband. We are emancipated minors,” said Michael feeling a little awkward.

“Michael,” said Liz coming around to see a woman hovering over her with worry.

“Hey,” said Michael.

“You told,” said Liz knowing her husband.

“If I say yes will you not faint on me again,” said Michael.

“I think I can handle it,” said Liz.

“I did, and she is. She knew your given name,” said Michael.

“Michael, go to school, and I’ll try to make it,” said Liz sitting up being strong for him.

“Make her lie down first,” said Michael towards Karen cause he knew Liz wouldn‘t leave yet.

“I will,” said Karen as she grabbed a muffin from the basket and handed it to Michael.

“Thanks,” said Michael.

“You don’t want coffee cause Lucas made it. That is on the house,” said Karen pointing at the muffin.

“Thanks,” said Michael as he left.

“I guess you have some questions for me,” said Karen taking Michael’s seat.

“Why?” asked Liz as she looked strait ahead.

“I was a teenager pregnant with twins, and my boyfriend Dan Scott left me. When Lucas and you were born I knew I couldn’t take care of both of you. Lucas was sick, so I let you go. I knew at least one child wouldn’t have to grow up with Dan Scott around. He never knew about you, and I thought that would protect you from heartache,” said Karen causing to look at the woman who gave her up.

“Does Lucas?” asked Liz.

“Yes, he does, and because of his problems with Dan he didn‘t want to look for you,” Karen said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

“He’s that bad,” asked Liz.

“He’s gotten a bit better since your uncle Keith died. I guess losing your family changes you. Keith was a father to Lucas when Dan refused to be, and for Lucas it has been harder on him. For him your timing couldn’t be better,” said Karen reaching out and taking Liz hand in hers.

“When everything came out I saw my life vanishing before my eyes. I know I can never go home, and really it isn’t home anymore. I don’t know why, but I feel like I understand, Mom. I hope that’s okay,” said Liz.

“Yes,” said Karen as Liz hugged her.

“Good cause that’s what I want,” said Liz as Karen let her go.

“I almost forgot about Nathan your half brother by your father.” said Karen.

“Nathan,” said Liz as a tear streaked her face.

“Secrets burden the soul,” said Karen.

“Three years six months ago I gave up a child. I was raped, and I felt like it would keep him safe from knowing. My parents, and Michael as well as my friends never knew. I was stick thin the whole time, and I went off to my aunt’s for the summer. I came back and no one was the wiser. Forgetting is the hardest cause some days if feels like it would be easier if I didn’t know there was a child out there. His name was Lucas Nathan Parker. I never understood why the name Lucas felt so right. There are days when I ache for him, and then there was a day when I’m glad he wasn’t there. He would have been about a year old and I almost got shot. As I was knocked back to the floor from the shock, and thought I was dying. The thing that went through my head was Lucas isn’t here, and that he was safe. Luckily all I had done was knocked over a bottle of ketchup, and my best friend teased me about being a drama queen. Things in my life went in fast forward from age sixteen I fell in love with a guy named Max. We had a May December romance, and it ended. Max, Michael, and Isabel were all adopted, and they became like family. Max, and Isabel are siblings, but they have been with Michael since the beginning. He like a brother to Max and Isabel both. When I met Michael he was the bad boy from across the tracks, but then I got to know him . All hot air on top, and on the inside is the boy who wants a family, and love. He is so smart, stubborn, bullheaded, loveable, and I know he would have love Lucas. Michael is my silver lining,” said Liz.

“Liz, you are strong to go through it alone. It’s a hard path to go alone even if a child is made with the one you love. Michael sound like a good man, and I’m so glad you have him,” said Karen as she wiped the tear the streaked her daughter’s face.

“Yes, he is even when he is overprotective. He must like you cause he wouldn’t leave me with anyone. Plus he thinks I need to work this out,” said Liz.

“I’m glad cause I want us to be close,” said Karen.

“Why Lacey?” asked Liz.

“Lacey was after your great grandmother,” said Karen as she got up and went behind the counter.

Rummaging through some cabinets looking for something, and then Karen pulled out a dusty box. With great care Karen placed the box on the counter wiping away the dust, and slowly opened the box that creaked badly. Taking out a stack of old letters , and some newer ones were on top. Carefully Karen placed them in Liz’s hands.

“Grandma Claudia,” said Liz as she saw her grandmother’s name across the top left corner.

“She sent me letters up till about two years ago. Her last letter said she you thought were falling for a boy named Max. Then the letters stop after that,” said Karen.

Taking the letter on top Liz fingered it, and smelling it as a tear fell from her eye.

“She died suddenly right after this,” said Liz as Karen wiped the tear away.
“I’m sorry to hear that. She wrote of you often and her letters were pages long when she’d visit. I don’t know if she knew how much they meant to me, but I never had the courage to write her. I think she understood,” said Karen.

“She would. She seem to understand everything. I wonder what she mean by I thought was falling for Max,” said Liz.

“She thought Michael was a better match for you. She said you were calm, and he was so full of life. That’s what she wanted for you,” said Karen.

“Michael was full of something then, but life wasn’t it. He was wild because of all the anger he carried around. He learned to deal with his abandonment issues cause his parents are gone in the permanent sense of the word.” said Liz.

“Come there’s a couch back there go take a nap,” said Karen.

“Okay,” said Liz as she got up and went into the back. Laying down Liz closed her eyes, and a bit later she heard light footsteps. Next Liz felt a gentle kiss on her head, and then she fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment!Comment! Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!