One Two Three

Step One: Lose the Drummer

It was chilly even in California, and Mike wished Billie was there to cuddle him. He couldn’t help being all romantic when it came to Billie, and it made his face turn redder by the minute. The pavement chilled the rubber soles of his ratty old shoes, and his jeans were so small they left his ankles exposed. The bass in his hand was missing a string and badly out of tune; it felt heavy against his skinny arms. The long, brown strands of his hair blew around his face in the light December wind.

The door finally opened, and Billie let Mike inside. “Forgot your keys again?”

Mike nodded sheepishly. The whole living with Billie thing was taking some getting used to. He just couldn’t stand living at home during his parents’ divorce, and Billie’s mom offered him Holly and Annie’s old room after they moved out. It was a nice change of scenery, to say the least.

Billie chuckled and nodded his shaggy little head. “Check this out.” He handed Mike a piece of string with a key tied on it in true necklace form. “A gift from me to you,” he added with a cheeky little grin.

Mike giggled like a girl and spoke in a high-pitched, squeaky voice. “Oh Billie Joe, you shouldn’t have!”

As the two goofballs hugged and pretended to get emotional, John walked into the hallway and gave a glare. “Come on, flamers. Let’s just practice okay?” He stomped back downstairs into the basement, and Mike couldn’t help but mock him behind his back, making Billie giggle.

“Mikey, I miss Teodor and Sean…. John’s a meanie. And what’s with his nickname? Al Sobrante? He definitely out-gays us!” Billie whined in a whisper.

“Aww come on, he’s not that bad. He’s just… demanding….”

“Yeah and he keeps calling me a flamer! I don’t like him!!” Billie whispered frantically. “Let’s ditch him.”

“No way!”

“You want to go play with ‘Sobrante’? Or,” he whispered seductively, “do you want to come play with me?”

Mike thought over it for a moment. “You’re right. I want to fuck.”

“Step one; get rid of the annoying drummer.”

Mike furrowed his eyebrows as he thought of a plan. The gears turned in his head and the light-bulb shined bright. “JOHN GET OUT THERE’S FLEAS DOWN THERE!”

They heard a loud thump and saw a worried John shuffling up the stairs. “What the fuck? I’m out, see you guys tomorrow.” He brushed his jeans frantically and headed for the door.

Billie locked it behind him and smirked at Mike. “Fleas?”

“Hey, it worked didn’t it?”

“Get your ass upstairs and let’s fuck.”

“Yes sir!” Mike replied excitedly, and they chased each other into Billie’s bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment?
Please?