The Crimson

chapter 1

The sky was different that night. Some people said it was because shining bright under the moon were Venus and Jupiter. But I think it was something else. Maybe the way the clouds swarmed over the moon capturing it in a black abyss or the way the moon turned from a vivid white to a yellow. But I felt it in the pit of my stomach something big was about to happen.

“Anna ,can you please read the next stanza” the teacher said to me snapping me out of my day dreaming.
The only time I ever dazed off for a moment and lose my place she calls on me. I hopelessly turned to the person sitting next to me. “Forty-five.” They mouthed and I returned the favor with a smile as I turned to the page.
“But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks?”I said softly. I was always the one who was on the quiet side.
“Louder Miss. Kennedy, I cannot hear it if you mumble in to the book”
“But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.” I said louder. I looked at her and she nodded for me to continue. “Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is …”
“Already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair then she.” Said a voice so angelic it was if he were Romeo himself. I looked up. He was more handsome than any other man I’d ever seen. He had hair as dark as a clear night sky that fell down his face and across his eye like a waterfall. His eyes were the most beautiful I’d seen. They were full of courage and strength that hid behind a topaz color. He wore a plain form fitting black shirt and jeans but he looked like a god. He was like the sun among the clouds. Every girl in the room turned at him with a gape expression. He gave me a look as if he could hear what I was thinking. I had that feeling again in the pit of my stomach. Something dark lurked behind all his beauty.
“Ah you must be Aidan Sangue.”
“Yes, madam.” There was something about his voice. It was beautiful and the words rolled right off his tongue.
“Well class please say Hello to Aiden. He is new he just moved from... ”she looked at him waiting or a response.
The room was silent for a moment then he replied “Fairbanks, Alaska.”
“Well that’s a big climate change from there to here.”He nodded his head. It was always hot, cloudy and raining. I hated it here the weather made everything so dull. Nothing ever happens in this town. And the schools are nothing exiting. The biggest thing that happens is the dances they have every couple months. But they are nothing special just the school sluts dancing with everyone and someone always spikes the punch.
“Well you can take a seat in the back there.” She said pointing to an empty seat in the back of the room. He walked swiftly and silently to the back of the room. He passed me and our eyes locked for a moment, but I turned away. From the corner of my eye I could see a smirk form on his face. He didn’t make a noise as he sat down in the old rusted desk.
“Well Miss. Kennedy can you continue reading for us.” The teacher asked me.
“Umm… yea.” I looked down at the book. “Be not her maid, since she is envious, her vestal livery is but sick and green and none...” I was cut off again but this time by the school bell. I closed my book and gathered my things and made my way to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is my first story on here
tell me what you think
thanks