The Crimson

chapter 2

“Anna, you coming tonight.” My best friend Maggie asked as we were at our lockers getting ready to leave.
“I don’t know.”
“Come on Anna you have to come. It will be fun.”
_
The music was blasting so loud we could hear it as we drove up the street approaching the house. I parked my car a few houses away. There were a lot of people here. I’m sure the cops would arrive eventually. We walked up to the house. It was a huge.
“Who lives here?” I asked in awe.
“Max Potter. His parents are out of town.”
Max Potter was one of the richest kids at our school. His dad invented something. Max had a lot of money of money and he showed it, he always had the latest things and even has some chauffeur drop him off at school. And he is known for throwing the best parties. Everyone’s always there.
We made our way to the door. A lot of people were there. Even though the house was huge there was barley any room where no one was. The music was even louder. The lights were low. Guys and girls were dancing. We made our way through the house. There was beer everywhere. Mostly everyone there was drunk or was going to be by the end of the night. Some kids were smoking in the corner of the room creating a cloud of smoke around them. I wasn’t one to usually get drunk or do drugs. And parties like this usually aren’t my scene. But Maggie always seems to drag me to them. I usually leave early.
“Maggie” someone yelled over the music from across the room.
“Craig, Hey.” She yelled in his direction. She turned to me.
“Go ahead.”I said
“Thanks.” She said hugging me. “I’m sorry I’ll catch up with you later. Go get a drink or something. You have to loosen up. Dance with someone.” She walked away into the crowd kids. Maggie usually leaves me at these parties. She’s a party girl and likes dancing and making out with guys and getting drunk.
I made my way to the kitchen. Cases of beer and bottles of wine were spread out all over the counters. I wasn’t really in the mood for drink. I always left me with a really bad headache the next day and I always felt like crap. I went over to the fridge and got a bottle of soda out and poured a glass. The bubbles of foam overflowed the cup and crackled as I stuck my finger in it to make it go down.
I went in to their living room a found and open seat on the couch. Next to me was a couple making out. I scooted over as far as I could till I hit the armrest. I sat there watching all the other kids dancing while I sipped my soda. The next song started playing and everyone screamed and clapped and got up to dance. Even the couple next to me. I moved since now I whole couch was empty.
“What’s a pretty girl like you sitting here alone?”
I looked up it was the new kid, Aidan.
“Umm… Hi.” I said quietly
“Hi.” He said with smile.
I smiled back. Just seeing his smile made you want to smile.
“I’m Anna.”
“I know. I’m Aidan.”
“I know.”I said in a whisper.
He smiled.
“May I sit here?” He said pointing to the empty seat next to me.
“Yea. Sure.”
He sat down. “You never answered my question.”
I didn’t know what he was talking about.
“What’s a pretty girl like you sitting here alone?”
“Oh… I don’t know. I’m not that in to the party thing.”
“Yea me neither.” His smile never left his face.
We sat there for a moment in silence.
“You want to go somewhere.”
I didn’t answer for a moment. Usually when guys said that they implied that they want to take you upstairs to a room and “get to know you better” or go somewhere “quiet”. And that could lead to an intense make out session or having sex on Max Potters parents bed.
He let out a small laugh. “I mean let’s get out of here, get some ice cream or something.”
“Come on what the worst that can happen. You can realize that you don’t like me very much and I’ll leave you alone or you can get a painful brain freeze.”
I smiled. “Ok.”
He stood up and extended his hand out to mine. I take hold of it and got up. He led me out of the room through the crowd kids. We got out side and I realized that we were still holding hands. I awkwardly pulled away and I could feel my face become red.
We stopped walking till we got to the street.
“Is it alright if we walk. I saw a place up the road earlier today.”
I nodded.
We walked in silence down the dark street. The only light was coming from the street lights. The houses were all quiet and only a few had lights still one. It probably wasn’t even ten o’clock yet.
Out of the corner of my eyes I would catch him looking at me. And once I turned my head to look at him he was already looking at me. I blushed again. He chuckled.
“What?” I said with a small hint of a laugh.
“Nothing.” He smiled again. He always had a smile on his face. His smile was beautiful.
“So Anna tell me something about yourself.” He asked, still smiling.
“Umm well I’m sixteen, and I’m in eleventh grade.”
“As am I. Tell me something else about yourself.”
I didn’t answer at first because I didn’t know what to say. I finally said, “My… favorite color is… red.”
He laughed. “So is mine.”