The Crimson

chapter 4

I had woken up to the stomping of my father’s footsteps and the slamming of my younger sister’s door. I slowly rolled over, my eyes catching my clock. 9:03. I slowly pulled away my covers. Shivering as the cold air hit me. I threw on a sweatshirt and headed downstairs. My mom was making breakfast. She made eggs, bacon and pancakes every Saturday morning.

I sat down at the table just as she put the food down at the table. My sister trudged in and took a seat across from me. She had bags under her eyes, her makeup was smeared and she was wearing the same clothes as yesterday. She was obviously hung over, but my parents are too oblivious to notice. She had been at the party last night. She was known to be “popular” and even though she was a grade lower than me she hung out with people in my grade.

“Hey Sam. Have fun last night.” I said with a smirk.

She gave me an evil look and started to stuff her face with pancakes. My parents still think she’s their little straight edge angel who hangs out at the library every Friday night.

After I finished eating I took a shower and headed to my room. While I was standing in front of my closet deciding on what to wear I heard my phone ring.

“Hello.” I answered.

“Hi. It’s Aidan.” A smile spread across my face.

“Hey Aidan.”

I heard him let out a nervous laugh.” So. Yeah. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today.”

“Yea.” I said almost too quickly.

“Cool. What do you want to do? We can go see a movie, or maybe get something to eat or-“

“A movie would be cool.”

We decided to see a new horror movie that was out. I’m usually not the type to see that kind of movie, but I’ve seen the commercial on TV and it didn’t look that bad. He was picking be up at five. It was now 4:50. He’d be here in ten minutes. I ran to the bathroom and did one more quick check. My hair looked good and wasn’t all over like it usually was. I had a little makeup on, enough to cover up and bring out my eyes but also make it look like I wasn’t wearing any.

The door bell rang. And I ran to it like an idiot, almost falling down.

“I’m going now mom.” I yelled.

“Okay. Don’t get home to late.” She yelled back.

I opened the door and there was Aidan. I smiled at him and he smiled back. He had on a button down shirt and jeans. And suddenly I felt underdressed in my ripped jeans and t-shirt.
He must have noticed me eyeing his clothes then mine. Because he said “You look perfect.”

The movie theater was semi-crowded. We went on the line and Aidan asked for two tickets.

“$15.50.”The women behind in the booth said.

I took out my money and gave it to the lady and like last time it was back in my hand quickly.

“No let me pay. You paid yesterday.”

He shook his head then smiled. “Think of it as a date.” He said then turned to give the lady his money.

A huge smile appeared on my face and I looked down. It was a date.

Aidan had bought large popcorn. I offered to pay, but he reminded me it was a date and he couldn’t let me pay. And after a large protest he let me buy the drinks.

We picked two seats in the middle of the theater. People started to fill in while the movie started.

It was your classical scary movie. Group of friends go camping out by a lake and one by one they get picked off by some crazy killer who never manages to die.

I reached my hand over to the popcorn bucket on Aidan’s lap. Buttery movie theater popcorn is the best and you can’t just have a couple. And end up eating the whole thing. I reached for more and grabbed Aidan’s hand. I quickly pulled back and saw a smirk on his face.

The plot of the movie starts to thicken as the stupid girl of the group goes into the bathroom and finds her boyfriend dead on the floor and killer behind the shower curtains. She starts to run though the house. And proceed into the dark wood where she gets lost and killed.

Even though the movie was predictable and pretty stupid, I started to get in to it. I’d make stupid comments about the people and yell he’s behind you as if I’m in the movie, getting the attention of all the people around me.

I must admit it had its scary parts where I’d jump and grab the armrest as if it would make it go away, while screams escaped the theater. I looked at Aidan and he looked completely unaffected. With a straight face on and his eyes on the movie screen. I jumped again at one part where the killer jumps out of nowhere and stabs one of the main characters. I flung my hands and grabbed the armrest again, my right hand grabbing on to Aidan’s wrist. I hadn’t of noticed it was his arm until. He turned his arm around placing his hand in mine. I looked at our hands sheepishly. His hands were bigger than mine and his fingers engulfed my hand. It wasn’t a perfect fit but it was perfect in its own way. His thumb caressed mine and my hand stayed in his the rest of the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
=)