The Crimson

chapter 8

For the past two days my attempts at avoiding Aidan had worked, for the most part.

I’d sometimes find myself looking his way, but then that night would come back to me, and my head would jerk back forward.

He was still the new kid, and didn’t have many friends. I’d see him talking to random people, but that was it. Just talking.

He tried talking to me. But I’d do my best to ignore him, despite the fact I felt like a jerk for doing it.

It was English, and today was our big test.

I crammed last night, and the night before. But no matter how hard I tried I’d think about him, it was like he was in my head. And I hated it.

She passed back the paper, and I wrote my name on top.

I scanned though the test quickly, out of the fifty questions I knew about fifteen. I was screwed.

I tried my best, to answer all the questions, most of them were mere guesses.

I would probably fail.

The period went fast, and I had just finished when the bell rang.

- -

Outside was damp, as I made my way to the school Friday morning.

My bag pressed to my side and my iPod played a song, blocking out the world. I watched my shoes. As my shoelace dangled, hitting puddles, too lazy to bother to tie it. I reached the steps and climbed them slowly. With my head down I didn’t notice as I hit into someone. I fell slightly, but instead of falling to the ground, I landed in someone arms. But my bag and books fell, spread out across the wet concrete.

I shook it off. Not even looking at the person who I bumped in to and bend down to pick up my things.

My books where wet from the wet ground. I tried my best to dry them off with my sleeve. As someone handed a small pile of books. I looked at their arms. The same familiar arms that caught me moments ago. I looked up. And of course it had to be Aidan.
I didn’t say anything as I quickly grabbed the books from him and shoved them into my bag.

I reached out for my phone which fell out to. As I picked it up, it dripped water.

“Fuck.” I muttered as my now waterlogged phone wouldn’t turn on. I stood there for a minute pushing buttons and trying to dry it off best I could.

“Here, let me help you.” He said stretching his hand toward it.

“I don’t need your help.”

But that didn’t stop him; he grabbed my phone from my hands effortlessly.

I watched him carefully as he examined the phone. Then he placed it flat in his palm and ran his fingers along it slowly, then handed it back to be.

“Now try.”

“It has water in it; I doubt it’s going to turn just because you touched it.”

He looked at me for a moment then smiled. “Trust me, it just might work now.”

I sighed, feeling like a total idiot, and pushed the power button. I was about to tell him, it’s still broke; until the little black screen turned reveling I had a new text message.

I looked up at him confused, he just smiled. I stared at him for a moment, I couldn’t believe I was thinking it but I missed his smile.

“Can we maybe talk Anna.” He said as his smile disappeared.

But before I could answer me turned around and started to walk to the back of the school. I stood there for a moment, until he turned his head. Almost signaling me to follow him.
All my attempts to try and stay away from him were all put down the drain as I followed him behind the school.

I wasn’t sure why I was followed him, or talking to him as a matter of fact. Or why I was following him behind the dark side of the school. Where no one can see us, but maybe that was his plan, so no one can hear my cries.
♠ ♠ ♠
commments? =)