On the Edge

Awesome

“I don’t see Aly anywhere” Bill said.

There was a mob of people walking around the front gate. Finding Aly would be hard to do, especially when the people weren’t helping by moving around, blocking our view.

“Call her.” Gustav suggested.

He pulled out his phone. She was already on his speed dial.

“Hey Aly. Yea its Bill, where are you?” He asked, raising an eyebrow and looked around some more.

“I’m right behind you” she giggled and we all turned around.

“Aly!” we yelled. Aly had to be the sweetest person I’d ever met. (Even if I only met her one time and I was drunk.) She always had a smile on her face, and she was so easy to talk to. Even Bill got along perfectly with her, their personalities just clicked so well together.

“Hey guys” she smiled.

Bill gave her a huge hug then turned back to the group, his arm lightly holding on to her waist.

“We’re so glad you could make it Aly” I said, returning a smile of my own. “Today is going to be fun!”

“I’m happy Bill invited me, it’s great to see you all again.”

“Are you done talking?” Christine asked impatiently. She really wanted to get inside, but she was acting like a spoiled little brat in the process, and we hadn’t entered the fair yet.

We rolled our eyes at her impatientness. “Yes… we’re done, let’s go stand in line before Christine throws a temper tantrum.” I laughed and she glared at me.

We all raced each other to the line. Aly and Bill were first, with me and Tom on their heels, followed by Gustav, Christine and Georg. Coincidentally all of the couples ended up one right after another.

“Can I get uh…?” Bill started to say then had to turn around and count all of us. “1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7” he murmured. “Seven ticket things please” he told the cashier.

He tied a wristband to each of our wrists as we passed him. After they were on, we stood in amazement and looked at all of the rides, games, and concession stands. It was more like an amusement park then a fair. I’ve never seen anything like it before, all the fairs I went to when I was little looked like a little playground compared to this. I couldn’t wait to go on the roller coasters; those had always been my favorite.

“Are we going to stay together or split up?” Georg asked.

“We should split up, and then meet back somewhere. It doesn’t matter to me, what do you guys wanna do?” I asked.

“We should split up; it might be easier that way, the rides might not have that many seats for all seven of us to go on at the same time.” Gustav said.

“Aww but Georg doesn’t have anyone to go with” Christine said. Georg’s cheeks turned pink and he shrugged, hiding his embarrassment. “You can go with us” she smiled and linked arms with him and Gustav. “We’ll meet up with you later by the clown statue since it’s easy to recognize.” She said and headed off to the games with Gustav and Georg linked arm in arm.

“See you later at the clown then guys” Bill and Aly said, leaving Tom and I standing at the entrance.

“Great, the clown.” I said bitterly.

“What you hate clowns?” Tom asked.

“They are the worst thing to ever walk the earth. I can’t stand them; they also scare the hell out of me.” I slapped my hand over my mouth, regretting what I had just said knowing Tom would somehow find a way to torment me with this new found information eventually. “Don’t you dare tell anybody I told you that.”

“I won’t, don’t worry.” He laughed at me. I had a feeling he and I would pay for it later. “I’ll protect you from all the big, scary clowns we come across.” He teased.

“My hero” I replied sarcastically. “Come on, the lines are gonna be really long if we don’t get there now.” I said, holding onto his hand and started running.

“No, this one first!” he yelled and pulled me over to a gigantic roller coaster. It had to be at least 100 or 200 feet, maybe more. There were so many loops, turns, and dips that it made me dizzy just watching everyone that was on the ride go around and around. By all of the screaming people and the rush of wind that blew my hair everywhere when the cart passed I could tell it was going to be a fun ride.

“The Loop Around The World” I read the sign over part of the ride. “Awesome this one is gonna be worth the wait, good pick Tom.” I grinned. And he returned it with one of his toothy and some what cocky ‘I know’ kinda grins.

The crowd of people that got off was cheering and looked like they had a great time, and were laughing their heads off. I heard a bunch of ‘fucking amazings’ by a group of guys and ‘best ride ever’ from others and a lot of positive feedback. They made me all the more excited for our turn to go on….
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! =]