On the Edge

What Are You Doing Here?

We finally got to the restaurant and mike was sitting at the counter talking to Tony.

“I just can’t believe it” he whispered. Tony nodded his head in our direction and Mike looked over.

“Hey Mike,” I smiled and waved, Christine just smiled.

“How was your night?” she asked quietly.

“Eh… fine. Listen you guys just get to work and since you came in early like I asked I’ll have Melissa and Courtney take over the night shift.”

“Cool, thanks” we both said and walked to the back room to put our stuff away.

He followed us but turned at his office and closed the door.

“Is it just me or is he actually being nice?” Christine asked, confusion ringing in her voice.

“Yea he is… but he seems sad too.” I told her as I put my stuff away.

“Hmmm”

“At least we got off early” I said with a smile.

“Hell yea!”

It was actually busier today then it was yesterday. I just grabbed the plates of food for a four-top when I heard laughter by the door. I turned and nearly dropped the plates I was balancing. I rushed over to the door.

“What are you guys doing here?!”

Before any of them could answer I interrupted them and told them to wait by the hostess podium and that I would be right back. I practically threw the plates at the customers.

“Here, enjoy!” I said then rushed back over to the podium.

“Now what exactly are you guys doing here?” I asked my voice calmer this time.

They were all wearing sunglasses and hats so that nobody would recognize them. Even though it’s pretty hard not to notice a guy with dreads and clothes that are way to big for him, and a guy with long black hair and painted fingernails. Georg and Gustav were probably the only ones who could pull off being unrecognized.

“Well,” Tom started “you told me to call you but I never got your number. So I decided to come see you again instead.” He said with a smirk.

“How did you know I would be here?”

“Yesterday before the show, I saw you walk in here wearing that uniform,” he pointed to the uniform I was wearing. “So I figured you must work here or something.” There was a short pause. “And Georg and Gustav didn’t get a chance to meet you… so here we are”

“Yea and Tom wouldn’t stop talking about you last night” Georg muttered to Gustav and Bill.

Tom shot him a death glare; apparently he had heard him to. He shoved him on the shoulder. They all laughed, but I blushed like crazy. I couldn’t help but to smile, even though I wasn’t sure if Georg was joking or not it gave me butterflies to know Tom might have been talking about me.

“Umm… ok, but you guys have to come back later. I still have to work.”

“Uh no, I don’t think so” he smirked.

I gave them a puzzled stare. “What? Why not?”

“Because,” he laughed “We’re hungry and want lunch.”

“Yea we’re starving!” the others added in.

“Ok… pick any table and I’ll go get you guys some menus.”

“Sweet!” Bill said and clapped his hands.

I laughed and went to get their menus while they found a place to sit.

“Here you go” I said putting menus in front of them. “Just let me know when you guys are ready to order.”

They all nodded and I went to go pick up the plates from the other table. I went to the kitchen to drop off the plates and I saw Christine putting in some orders.

“Dude, don’t freak out ok?...”

“What why?!” she asked, obviously starting to freak out.

“Keep your voice down” I hissed and pulled her around the corner to make sure no one could see or hear us.

“What’s wrong with you?”

I took a deep breath. “Ok… Tokio hotel is here.” I said and shut my eyes tight waiting for her to scream and freak out. But instead she got really quiet and nervous.

“What’s wrong? I thought you’d be excited”

“I am, I’m just afraid to look at them because of how I acted in front of Gustav last night” she whispered and looked down.

“Hey,” I put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. “He probably doesn’t remember and you look different so he might not even know you’re the same person.”

“Really?” she asked starting to sound a little convinced.

“Yup, but wait until later to see them ok… they are gonna eat lunch and it would probably draw to much attention,” I laughed.

“Ok I will” she said cheerfully.

She walked over to the kitchen and smiled all the way over to her customers and put their food down. I walked back over to their table to see if they were ready to order.

“Are you guys ready?” I asked once I got to their table.

“Uh, yea I think we are…” Bill said still looking over his menu.

“I can go get your drinks then come back if you still need more time”

“Bill will definitely need more than a minute to decide” Tom joked as Bill lightly pushed his shoulder.

“Shut up Tom, it’s not like you know what you want”

“Actually I do” he said turning to me.

“Ok… what can I get you?”

“I want the… oooh this sounds good, uh so does this… maybe… no.” he started mumbling to himself.

I laughed “How about you two? Are you ready?”

“Yup” Gustav said quietly while watching Bill making fun of Tom for not being ready either.

“I’ll have pancakes” he said with a huge, shy grin.

“Ok” I said and wrote it down.

“Pancakes for lunch?” the others asked giving him weird stares.

“Yea… I didn’t have breakfast so I want pancakes” he said, still with a grin on his face.

I giggled “would you like them in a shape of a smiley face too?”

Everyone burst into laughter. “Of course… smiley faces make my day!” he said sarcastically. We laughed again.

“And you Georg?”

“I want a cheeseburger, everything on it and a Coke”

“Oh I want a Coke too” Gustav added. I wrote everything down and looked at Tom and Bill.

“Do you want to order now, or wait ‘til I come back with drinks?”

“Drinks!” Bill shouted before Tom even had a chance to answer.

“What kind”

“Coke” Tom said smiling because he beat Bill this time.

“Same” Bill said

“Four Cokes… ok comin’ up.”

I went into the kitchen and put in Georg and Gustav’s order, then got out four cups for their drinks.

“Oh Tony?”

“Yes Nikki?”

“Can you maybe… um put the pancakes into a smiley face?”

He laughed “Yup no problem”

“Thanks!” I called as I finished filling up the cups.

“Here you go, and your food will be out in a minute.” I said as I put the drinks on the table.

“Sweet”

“Now are you two ready?” I asked Bill and Tom who were still looking at their menus.

“They should be! They’ve been arguing about what to get since you left” Georg teased.

Georg, Gustav, and I started laughing. Tom and Bill however didn’t find it as funny as we did. I stopped laughing and smiled at Tom when he looked at me. He smiled back, I could tell he was trying not to, but it wasn’t working.