On the Edge

"I... Forgot Something."

For some reason, early this morning Christine woke me up and begged me to get up and get ready so we could go to her house.

“Why?” I groaned still half asleep.

“I… forgot something.” She insisted.

I didn’t think anything of it at the time so I rolled out of bed, got ready and we went over to her house.

“What did you forget?” I asked on the way there. She also insisted that she drive. She was acting really weird today but I didn’t feel like arguing. I was in a little bit of a better mood knowing that Tom didn’t cheat on me so I wasn’t about to fight with my best friend and ruin it.

“Um…”

“You don’t know what you forgot yet we’re going over there?”
‘So much for not arguing.’ I laughed lightly to myself. It’s not like it was a real argument or something to even fight over; I was asking questions not arguing so I didn’t consider it to be a big deal.

“I forgot my toothbrush?” She said it as a question.

“You’ve gone months at my house without a toothbrush? That’s disgusting.” I laughed.

“Don’t worry, I’ve been using yours.” She tried not to laugh but failed miserably.

“Eww that’s even worse!” I playfully pushed her.

“I’m kidding. I forgot my… well it doesn’t matter cuz we’re here!” She shouted and turned off the car and jumped out before I could even blink.

My heart stopped then skipped a beat as I saw the unforgettable jet black Escalade in her driveway. That’s why she didn’t want me to drive, because as soon as I saw it I would either A) Turn around and drive home, B) drive into it, C) Cry; causing me to do B then A. So I guessed it was a good thing she drove.

Truthfully, I was excited to see Tom and the others but also scared to death. Would he ever forgive me for not giving him a chance? Would he call me a bitch and leave? A thousand possibilities raced through my mind.

“So, what you forgot was to mention that they all came back today?” I asked after slowly stepping out of the car and staring at the Escalade as if it were a flying saucer or something ridiculous like that.

“Yea, pretty much.” She grinned and I pretty much wanted to punch her in the face then give her a hug. Because if she didn’t drag my ass over here with them here I would have never done it myself.

“Thank you.” I ran over to her and gave her a hug blinking the tears away. “Thank you so much.”

“Don’t mention it.” She said and hugged me back. “You ready?” She asked after a moment of me composing myself.

I nodded and took a deep breath preparing for the worst again.

“Here it goes.” She said and opened the door.

The second it was all the way opened four incredible facesone more incredible than the others smiled at us as we walked in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha CLIFFHANGER!
I love doing that to you guys XP
I'm sad to announce that this story is coming to a close... there is only one more chapter after this one then it is the end of On the Edge.

I will post the next one tomorrow (or later tonight, depending on my mood.)

Enjoy!
and thanks to all readers/commenters/subscribers!
<3