Don't So Long Don't Farewell

Chapter Thirteen

MICKEY'S POV:

Having Vikki and Aliyah around was great, it made my normally empty house feel warm and homey. Not to mention coming home to Vikki is something any sane, straight, male would die for. We were all eating dinner together one night when the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." I said and started out of the dining room. I opened the front door to find Vikki's ex standing in front of me. "No." I said firmly and started to close the door.

He stuck his foot out and looked at me with sad eyes, "I need to see her." He practically begged me. I shook my head firmly. "Let me talk to her, let me try and make it right. Please?" He said sounding almost defeated.

I crossed my arms and leaned in the doorway, "Do you remember what you told me in the hospital? You told me that I could forget all the times you hurt her because it wasn't going to happen again. Well guess what Alex? You hurt her again. The first few weeks she stayed here she cried just about every second that Aliyah wasn't around. And you know who did that don't you? Cause it sure as hell wasn't me. And you have no way that you can say that screwing Lizzie wasn't your fault." I said shaking my head at him.

"It wasn't my fault! Lizzie showed up and I opened the door and she threw herself at me. I couldn't get her off of me, if you'd ever met Lizzie you would know that she's like that." He said sounding on the verge of tears.

I shook my head again, "I know you and I know that you have a history of sleeping around. I know that you were with Lizzie before you were ever with Vikki. I know that Vikki loved you over and over again and you preceded to hurt her over and over again. Don't put her through hell again Alex. Just leave." I said staring down at the guy that was standing on my doorstep.

He looked back up at me that defeated look gone from his eyes once again, "No." He stated firmly. I raised an eyebrow at him. "VIKKI!" He shouted into the house. I could hear her coming to the door, and I watched carefully. She walked right up to him looked him up and down and then smacked him and went back to the dining room to finish dinner with her daughter.

"I don't think she wants to talk to you." I said and closed the door walking back over to the dining room Aliyah smiled up at me oblivious to what had just happened outside. "You okay?" I asked Vikki setting my hand on top of hers.

She breathed deeply and nodded, "I should give her a bath." She said softly. She picked up Aliyah's plate and started to wash it.

I got up and walked over to her, I took the dishes away from her and shook my head, "Go give her a bath." I said as I started to wash all the dishes that we'd used to cook dinner. She came back a few minutes later and wrapped her arms around my waist laying her head on my shoulder, "You want to talk about it?" I asked her as I turned to face her.

She looked up at me as her eyes flooded with tears, "I just want to be happy. Is that to much to ask? I wanted him to be a good dad to Aliyah and maybe just maybe be a little something to me too. I guess that didn't work out so well." She said walking into the living room and laying down on the couch.

I walked over and sat down beside her, "You deserve so much better than him. My mother once said if someone makes your cry or hurts you like that then they aren't worth your time." I said rubbing her back as she cried into one of the couch pillows. She sat up and scooted over laying her head down in my lap and crying softly.

"Your mom was smart Mickey, but it's not that easy. Even though I really wish it was." She looked up at me and sat back up. She reached out and set her hand on my cheek, she leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Thanks for everything. But I think we're going to move really far away from here." She said softly.

So long, farewell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's the end of this one.

Let me know if I should write another one of these.

Hope you enjoyed it.

COMMENTS?