Mashed Potatoes

Part 2

”Mum, I’m home”, Billie shouted. The smell of new baked pizza hit him and Mike when they entered Billie’s house.
“I am in the kitchen, dear.” Billie’s mum shouted back to him.
In the kitchen Billie’s mum was standing at the cooker. She turned around when Billie and Mike entered the kitchen.
“How was school today Billie?” She asked her youngest son.
“Okay I guess. Hey mum I brought a new friend with me“. Now Billie’s mum noticed Mike, who was standing next to Billie.
“Hello, what’s your name?” She asked Mike with a smile
“Mike Pritchard.” Mike said and smiled back.
“Nice to meet you Michael.”

Billie’s mum looked at the clock on the wall.
“The pizza is ready. Billie and Michael, please take a seat.” When Billie and Mike sat by the kitchen table, Mrs. Armstrong put a slice of pizza on their plate in front of them.
“It’s smells wonderful Mrs. A” Mike said to Billie’s mum.
“Well thank you Michael” she said once again with a smile. Both Billie and Mike started to eat. They were very hungry because they hadn't eaten any lunch in school.

After the dinner Billie and Mike went to Billie’s room. Billie shared a room with his older brother David. The room was in a mess, clothes and comic books all over the floor. In the middle of the room there was a pair of twin beds. At the edge of one of the beds a blue guitar was leaned. Mike immediately took the guitar. He turned around and looked at Billie.
“Do you play guitar?” Mike asked Billie while he first looked at Billie, then on the guitar and then at Billie again.
“Yes I do.” Billie said.
“Can you please teach me how to play? I would really like to know.”
“Okay then” Billie said and took the guitar from Mike. Billie sat down on one of the beds and Mike sat down on the other one. The where sitting opposite each other. Billie put the guitar in his lap.
“Okay, let see. We start with one of the easiest chords, the E-chord.” Billie said and played the E- chord on his guitar.