Mashed Potatoes

Part 4

Mike woke up before Billie. David was already gone. The clock was around 10 in the morning. He sat up in the sleeping bag. Mike looked around in the room. It looked exactly like the evening before. Mike leaned his back against the bedside table behind him. Then he heard a noise behind him. He turned around and saw that a photo in a frame had overturned. Mike reached his arm to put it back in place. He took it in his hands. Then he saw that it was a photo of Billie with some man. Both of them were smiling. Billie sat on the man’s shoulders. They looked so happy.
“It’s me and my dad on my 10th birthday.” Mike hadn’t noticed that Billie had woke up. Mike looked at Billie
“It was the last of my birthdays he celebrated with us.” Billie felled back into his pillow and looked up at the ceiling.
“Where is he now?” Mike asked Billie. A tear rolled down Billie’s cheek.
“He’s dead.” Billie said very quiet.
“What…what happen?” More tears started roll down Billie’s cheeks.
“He died of cancer a month ago.” Billie covered his eyes with his hands and he burst into tears.
“Oh my, I am so sorry.” was the only thing Mike could said at the moment.
“It’s going to be fine.” He finally could say after some moments of silence. Billie sobbed and wiped the tears from his eyes.
“Thanks its means a lot.” Billie said and smiled to Mike, who smiled back to Billie. Mike put back the photo on Billie and his dad to the bedside table.
“I am hungry. Shall we eat some breakfast?” Billie said.
“Yeah, I’m hungry too. Perhaps there is something left of your mum’s pizza she made yesterday.”
“You really liked her pizza, didn’t you?” Billie said with a laugh.
“Yes I did. Is there anything wrong with that?”
“No, no. It’s just, how can you want pizza to breakfast?”
“I don’t know” Mike said and smiled to Billie. The both boys burst out into laugh.
“Let see what we can find in the refrigerator.” Billie said to Mike when they walked out of Billie’s room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last Chapter...