He Will Protect Her, She Will Save Him

9

Keira's POV
"Jareth!" I screamed, seeing him cornered by the vampires. I realised instantly that he had followed me. His eyes jumped to meet mine. I couldn’t help but be scared. There were at least a dozen, if not more, huge, vampires in this hall, all focused on him. The one who had taken me, Parris, had led him here. I saw the first vampire hit Jareth in the jaw. I winced and turned away. I couldn’t watch this. But I was being forced to. Parris stood next to me, watching, enjoying the show. I couldn’t see Jareth anymore behind the wall of vampires. I sank to the floor, my heart racing fiercely in my chest. I heard a shout and the vampires surged back momentarily only to go forward straight away. There was no way Jareth could win this fight. "Stop it! Please! STOP!!" I cried. I looked up at Parris who was staring emotionlessly at the fight. "PLEASE!!"
"You will stay here," he said. I looked at the swarm around Jareth and I quickly nodded.
"Please just let him go! I will stay, just let him go!" I cried, tears running down my cheeks.
"Enough!" Parris shouted and all the vampires immediately moved away. A sob passed my lips as I saw Jareth. He hadn’t made any noise, but he was bleeding heavily. His face already bruised. I looked away from him, I couldn’t bare it.

Parris grabbed my chin and forced me to look at Jareth. I saw other vampires slowly approaching him again. I met his eyes and saw hopelessness. I saw desperation. I saw pain. "Alright," I whispered, still looking at Jareth. The approaching vampires stopped. "I'll stay with you." Jareth shook his head. I turned my head away but Parris grabbed my chin again and forced me to look.
"If you go back on your word..." he hissed. I looked into Jareth's amber eyes. I couldn’t let him get hurt. He'd protected me for so long; I had to save him now. And I'd do it in the only way I could.
"I won't," I said softly.
"Take him to the dungeons," Parris said loudly.
"No!" I cried, turning to the vampire next to me. "You said you'd let him go!"
"Never," he smirked, "trust a vampire."
"NO! Jareth!" I cried as his limp body was picked up by two guards. His eyes never left mine.

Jareth's POV
I needed blood. As soon as I was on my own, that was my first thought. I wasn’t going to heal unless I got blood soon. My second thought was of Keira. So were the rest of my thoughts. What had she done? She should have just let them kill me. I crawled into the corner of my cell. It was a stone room with only about 4 square metres of space. The door was wooden, secured to the wall by steel locks and hinges. There was a window in the door, 5 bars running vertically through it. That was my only air supply. I thought I might possibly be able to break the door down. If I had blood. Where was I going to get blood from?

I heard no noises down here. There was the occasional drip of moisture, I wasn’t sure if it was from this cell or somewhere outside the door. I lay on my back, trying to focus on healing. This was going to take some time. Or maybe a lot of time.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay. i have 40 readers!!! love all u guys, i'd love it if u wud comment as well!!
10 more people and i get another star!!

btw, sorry about the shortness of this chapter but i have an exam tomorrow and im kind of stressing. lol.