My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon

Bonny.

It was quiet when they left, I found the place emptier than usual.

When closing time rolled around I heard the door open again.

'Hey, Matt,' I greeted, not looking up from my book. He came to pick me and Claire up every night shift.

'Matt?' I asked, looking up, surprised he didn't answer.

'Who's Matt?'

Pete. 'What are you doing here?' I sighed.

'I dunno. I just got bored and I assumed you were still here so...'

I sighed again. 'Right. Normal people don't sleep.'

'You're not asleep.'

'Whoever said I was normal? And besides, I have to work.'

'You shouldn't tease me so, Bonny. It's very
bad.'

I just scoffed, putting down my book.

'The Perks of being a Wallflower,' he said, reading the title. 'That's one of my favourites.'

I was surprised. 'Yeah, I've read it at least fifty times already,' I laughed. 'Who was your favourite character? Mine was Patrick, although I related to Charlie most. I just loved Patrick's optmisim. And the way he started every night with great enthusiasim, but in the end he always looked to Charlie for support. Just possibly the wrong kind. And he got closure, in the end. Amazing.'

I felt something push me to the wall again. I hadn't even noticed he'd moved, I was so busy talking and packing my art stuff away.

'So Bonny, feel like telling me your name?' he asked again sweetly, face inches from mine.

'Still no,' I replied smoothly.

He frowned. His hands moved from either side of my head and he ran them down my sides.

It sent a shiver down my spine.

He smiled again. 'Do you like that, Bonny?' he whispered, resting his hands on my waist and leaning his head into the crook of my neck.

I blinked, trying desperately to regain my senses. 'No,' I replied shakily.

'Liar,' he said, his lips burning into my skin.

I stood with my back against the wall, rooted to the spot.

'Bonny, I told you not to be bad,' he whispered, his hot breath tickling my skin.

He lightly kissed my neck. I leaned my head back slightly. He kissed along my jaw.

Just before he reached my lips I pushed him away.

'Who do you think you are?' I asked
indignantly, finally regaining some common sense.

'I'm Pete,' he replied sarcastically.

I ran a hand through my hair. 'What...' I muttered, asking myself more than him.

'Oh, Bonny...' he sighed. 'So confused...'

I glared at him.

'That does nothing girlie, trust me.'

He reached out, grabbing my hand and spinning me into him.

'You see now, if you really didn't like me Bonny you wouldn't let me do things so easily,' he reasoned.

'You wouldn't let me do this,' he said, grazing his knuckles along my cheek slowly.

'Or this.' He delicately brushed my hair behind my ear with his free hand.

'Or this,' he whispered, finally pushing his lips against mine. He pulled away just before I collapsed.

When he kissed me I felt my knees weaken, air filling my head. He picked me up easily and sat me on the counter.

'I didn't think I would have such a drastic effect on you,' he said smirking.

'Shut up,' I groaned, kicking myself for falling into lust so easily.

I heard someone else enter, and my eyes flew to the door. This time it was Matt.

'Hey...' he said slowly, looking questioningly at Pete, he was holding my hand.

'Hey Matt!' Pete said brightly. For such an arrogant boy he was very intelligent.

Matt stood at the door, looking extremely concerned.

'Matt, this is Pete, Pete, Matt,' I sighed. 'Pete was just leaving, weren't you?' I asked him, smiling obviously.

He studied me, then decided he'd leave. He pushed his lips to mine, purely for effect, before calling 'see ya tomorrow, Bonny!' and waving as he left.

'Don't ask,' I told Matt, when I faced him and saw an utterly confused look on his face. You and me both, brother.

I locked up and he walked me home in silence.