My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon

Where Nobody Knows.

As she left she winked at me one last time and then waved at Pete.

'I like her.'

'You would...'

'Don't be like that,' he whispered in my ear, standing once again.

He kissed my neck from behind, wrapping his arms around my stomach under my shirt and sliding them upwards. When he reached my chest I squealed.

'Peter!'

'Yes?' he asked calmly, slipping his hands back down my waist and resting on my hips.

'I told you I'm supposed to be working!'

'You would rather be working than doing this...' he trailed off pushing me against the wall once again and sliding his hands down my back, cupping my butt and causing me to take a sharp intake of breath. He slipped his hand down the back of my leg, watching intently as I leaned my head back, steadying myself by holding his shoulder. When he pulled away once again I heard myself moan in frustration.

I blushed severely as he smirked.

'It's funny Bon, I could swear you didn't like me.'

'This is total manipulation,' I argued.

'I could argue that,' he replied smoothly.

'Ha,' I said dryly.

'You know, I do a lot for you, and I know you like it, but you never do anything for me...' he sighed.

'What?'

'Well, I can make you squeal, but can you make me moan?'

It was a challenge. 'You're so childish,' I sighed.

'Can you make me moan?' he asked again calmly.

I stepped forward and placed my hands on his chest, sliding them up over his broad shoulders. It was my turn to push him against the wall, his strength relaxing to give me control. I stood on my toes, sliding my tongue along his bottom lip, then ground my hips into his. He moaned in pleasure, his lips vibrating against mine.

'I consider that a fairly good argument,' he smirked.

I frowned and backed away. 'I don't even know why they have late night shifts. No-one ever comes in.'

'Why do you take them?' he asked.

'Touche. I like the quiet.'

'Do you not get lonely?'

I sighed. 'How can you be lonely when you've really been alone all your life?'

He opened his arms and engulfed me in a hug.

'You're not alone anymore,' he assured me.

I just smiled at him. I was really beginning to soften to him.

'Bonny?' he said into my hair.

'Yes, Peter?'

'It doesn't matter what your name is. I never want to know.'

'But-'

'I have to leave, Bonny. Soon.'

'How soon?' I asked, panicked.

'Tomorrow morning,' he sighed.

'What?' I whispered. 'What!?' I repeated, louder than before. I hopped off his lap, turning to face him. 'When were you going to tell me? How long have you known?! When were you going to rip my heart in two!?' I shouted. 'How could you do this to me?!' I cried, beating my weak fists against his chest.

I eventually quietened down, he gently grasped my wrists, pulling me back onto his lap.

'Sh,' he whispered. 'No more tears. Not for me,' he said, rocking me as I cried into his chest.

We were quiet until closing time. Matt never came. Claire told him not to, I thought.

It was raining.

'Forget you're leaving, forget my name, forget your name. Just kiss me,' I told him as we stood outside the store, drenched. His hair was sticking to his face, mine safely protected by my hoodie, which had turned from blue to navy in the wet.

He did kiss me. He then walked away quietly, leaving without saying goodbye. That would make it seem so final.

I went back to the coffee shop the next night as usual. I waited my whole shift to hear his cheery voice make me smile. I waited my whole shift for his surprising little kisses. I waited my whole shift for him to arrive.

I waited for him.

He never came.

I quit the next day.

I never saw him again.