Status: Finished.

The "Family" Secret

Lunch Room

Science class. The day before Frank had skipped Science; he really had all of his classes with me. Pete and I didn't hang out much because Frank and I were always together. I liked school, but I hadn't started school again to meet great hot boys like Frank. I had because I needed to know more about Stephanie Meyer.
Frank and I were in P.E, the teacher was always playing the kindergarten games with us and also taught us about which muscles we were using. Frank and I tried to ignore the stares and all of the people in the class trying to hit us on purpose with there soft, wimpy dodge balls. This was the class where being a 'vamp' payed off. I could use my powers, but still had to keep them well hidden. Every now and then, Pete and I would hit the preps just a little harder then a human could throw. Super strength and being able to talk with our minds definitely made Frank and I the best in class; the others in the class were surprised that we did so well.
While I was in P.E with Frank, Pete was in Spanish. Ryan had taught us almost every language you could think of, so of course Pete was best in class. The teacher felt like he didn't have to do anything, he pretty much just let Pete teach. I personally thought that Pete was less liked then the teacher and that the kids wouldn't listen to Pete, but the teacher obviously thought different. The nerds in the class felt like they were best friends with Pete, some even asked if Pete would be their tutor, which he obviously couldn't do because people aren't allowed to our house. Well Frank would be, but no human, well no “alive” human is allowed to enter the house.
After P.E was lunch. Pete, Frank, and I always sat at the table in the corner of the room, where no one would bother us. We can't eat so we just look around the room, reading people's minds. Most of the people were talking/thinking of us, the out casters. Ever since Pete and I enrolled back into school, the kids that were considered the “nerds” are now almost on the list to be the “populars.,” and “populars” are now celebrities. I tried to focus on the Twilight groups but there were so many people in the room. I tried to focus on just one of the groups, I chose the closest group to our table and listened.
“Wow, your contacts are really cool today, where'd you get them?” a girl said to the other girl next to her. “I don't remember, I think that my mom got them for me as an early Christmas present.” she replied. One of the boys then pointed over to the table where I was sitting at. “Do you think that they wear contacts?” Everyone at the table turned our direction and peeked at us. “Frank does, but I don't know about the other two, Frank's eyes were red the other day.” said the girl that asked about the other girl's contacts. The boy laughed, “Maybe he's a vampire!” I chuckled. The girls laughed, “Yeah, I bet all three of them are.” said the girl wearing contacts sarcastically. “They couldn't be vampires, if they were then I would know, I could sense them.” said another boy at the table. The girls laughed again. “We all could, because we're all vampires!” the girl wearing the contacts said. I chuckled and quit listening to their conversation, they sounded like children.
The bell rang and the “vampire” kids ran out of the cafeteria. “They always in a hurry?” I asked. Frank shrugged. “They must like Math.” said Pete, trying to be funny. “I know I don't.” I mumbled. The Math teacher was the easiest person to get along with, he knew how to make the class fun and the Math understanding, but he never was willing to actually talk about things, their was something.. well I guess you could say “out of place” with him? I figured that he still lived with his mother and drove a cheap car but I didn't worry about it. Who was I to judge?
Tuesdays were test days in math class, the teacher said that both Pete and I didn't have to take the test because he didn't think we knew as much as the others. We hadn't even taken our placement tests yet and the teacher was already judging us. I shook my head and went to sit in my seat. I sighed loudly; half of the class looked up and back at me, I didn't pay attention to them, they would need to focus on their tests, they also needed luck but there's no such thing as luck.
I got into deep thought during that class, and when it was over I was glad I didn't take the test, then maybe I wouldn't have realized one of the most important things in my life.