Status: Finished.

The "Family" Secret

Another Monster?

I had heard those words before.
He’s gone.
And I hated them.
---
“What do you mean?” I asked, “Like he ran away?”
The look of disappointment appeared on Ryan’s face. “No,” he started to explain. “He’s gone, his energy has faded away...” The expression on his face consisted of disgust and melancholy. I knew that if he had said more he might’ve broke down crying.
I quickly turned back around to where the cloud was. It had disappeared. I looked down at the ground with disbelief. “No.” I whispered quietly. “He can’t be gone. He was just with us Ryan!” I turned and screamed at him. Tears made their way down my face, my throat wanted to close.
I didn’t want to believe the fact that Pete was gone.
I searched and searched for his energy, it was no where to be found. If Ryan couldn’t find it, there was no way I could either.
“I don’t know what happened, he went after you, moments later he disappeared.” Ryan said, he looked shocked.
What could’ve happened? It just doesn’t make sense.
I shook my head, “He has to be here.” I told Ryan, “He wouldn’t have left without warning us.”
But he had tried to warn us, he just didn’t have time. Pete was the cloud of dust, he had passed away and came to me to say farewell.
Pete. You can’t leave. I tried to tell him. If you’re still here, you can’t give up. You have to come back.
---
A loud cry came from behind me. I turned back around and Ryan was gone. Then it got silent. “Ryan.” I yelled. I was suddenly terror-stricken.
I got no reply. The woods felt so empty. There was energy surrounding me, Ryan’s energy was faintly there, it made me feel a little bit better.
I stood there alone, my heart was beating faster then I had ever felt it beat before.
“What’s going on!?” I shrieked. A split second later I heard my voice echo.
---
Something threw me to the ground, I was caught off guard and landed on my side, sliding until I hit a tree trunk. I was in so much pain I didn’t want to get up.
I screamed.
“Oh please, shut up.” I heard a voice say, as if they were disgusted by me.
It was Frank, or someone with the same energy. Whoever it was they weren’t alone. I heard something hit the ground, Ryan’s body had been dropped. I heard him whimper. My head was throbbing, but I knew it would soon be better.
I could barely see, my hair was covering my eyes and my body ached too much to move just yet. Ryan was laying roughly thirty feet in front of me. The other person was standing in-between us.
I took a deep breath and attempted to stand up, it took time, but I did it. The man who was there just stared at me the whole time.
“You didn’t think it was going to be that easy did you?” I asked him with somewhat of a sneer on my face. My right leg was still in pain, so I had to lean on my left side.
“I was hoping it wouldn’t be.” The man replied. I still didn’t recognize him, nor his energy. He was different then the rest of the people I had been seeing the past few days. To me he was very unusual.
He flinched forward as if he was going to attack, I snickered at him. He tried to trick me, did he really think I was that weak? I assumed he had known who I was, since he was probably following me for a long while, but maybe he had no idea.
Ryan was slowly starting to get up again.
“Two against one.” Ryan announced. I smiled at him, knowing that it was going to be alright.
“Aaaaand.” I started to say, staring right at the man standing in-between Ryan and I. I assumed that Ryan would jump him from behind and take him down, then I would use my magick or something. Then the man took off running to his right.
“Go!” I said loudly as Ryan and I took off after him.
---
He was faster then I had thought he would be. I assumed that what he was missing in brains, was made up for in strength and speed.
My cheeks were starting to sting from the cold hitting my face as Ryan and I ran after the stranger.
I pushed myself to run harder, I wanted to catch him, but I also didn’t mind if Ryan did either.
We were running west, we would eventually hit the Pacific Coast, I assumed he would then run north, not south. If I timed things out right, I could catch him near Astoria, Oregon.
Ryan, I’m running north! I yelled. He was probably confused as to why I was running north, but I was hoping he would understand. He didn’t say anything back.
I slowly drifted away from Ryan, I didn’t want to immediately just start running towards the north, I wanted to go at an angle. My shoulders were hitting against trees and their branches, I didn’t think anything of it. It might’ve been slowing be down, but it wasn’t a major problem.
Something hit he harder, even pushed me to the left a little.
I slowed down and looked towards the right as I ran, but nothing was there. Again I continued to look in front of me as I ran.
It hit me again. This time it was harder. I was starting to become agitated. Everyone was beating me up today.
I fully stopped running. There was so much energy, I couldn’t just focus on one spot. I was still in the woods, but it was starting to clear up. I looked up and around, the sun was bright, there was no wind. Today was a weird day.
A black figure ran past me, I was tempted to run, but I knew it would come back, so I stayed put where I was.
I was right, the figure ran back and stopped in front of me.
“Frank?” I asked. It looked like him, but so much was different. His energy wasn’t pure. He had a monsters energy. I was scared and intimidated. I had never fought off a monster by myself.
The monster was breathing heavily, but slowly.
I held my breath, waiting for him to make the first move.
That’s how fights happened, and you were always aware when one would start between you and another person. You just knew deep inside a fight would break out.
I was starting to like it also, getting used to it was easy. Training was over, I didn’t need Ryan or Pete by my side anymore.
He was about to make the first move, I knew he would tackle. I got ready, and not even a second later the monster jumped on me and pushed me over, kneeling on my chest and let out a growl.