Status: Finished.

The "Family" Secret

Let it get me

I had just killed a leader. I was proud and terrified at the same time.
At first it didn’t fully sink in what Ryan had told me. A leader. No wonder he was so strong. “No way.” I said to him, I was surprised.
Ryan looked down at me and gave me a small smile. “Yeah.” he said as he looked back up at the body laying still on the ground. “He’s the leader.”
“Sweet!” I exclaimed as I jumped up, but I was still nauseous, so I slowly sat back down. I let out a laugh, so did Ryan. “We need to get you home, you’re not healthy.” he told me as he slowly and gently picked me up and placed my arm around his shoulder to hold me up.
I had to learn how to trust Ryan again, if I didn’t, then I wouldn’t have a family anymore. I’m sure that I’ve kept things from him before, and of course he had gotten over it. So why couldn’t I?
I closed my eyes and fell asleep moments later.
-
I awoke on the couch. The house was dark, but the sun shining in from the open windows made it glow inside.
I slowly sat up, I definitely felt better. I rubbed my eyes and stood up from the cough, stretching my arms into the air above me.
This is the end, I thought. I could feel it coming, like an attack from behind. “Let it get me.” I said out loud to myself as I lowered my arms and placed them in my sweatshirt pockets. I sat back down on the couch. “I’m ready.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, and sorry it sucked. I don't have time to write anymore :[