Status: Finished.

The "Family" Secret

The Battle

We lived two states away, in one of our many homes. We got to Oregon in less then a hour, almost beating Pete and Ryan. The weather changed, the sun was now in our eyes and it was at least 80 degrees. We started walking casually down the street, holding each others hands. We walked past a Wendy's, we both started laughing. Weeks after we became who we were today, we couldn't eat real food, our new selves wouldn't let us. We always laughed when we saw a restaurant, knowing that we could never eat there again.
It was silent the rest of the way home. I was thinking about biting my wrist again, but then knew that my body couldn't take it. I had already bitten twice, I didn't want to know what would happen if I bit again. I wanted to know what he was thinking, I glanced over at him, he was smiling, he always was.
“Where were you?” I asked, slowing my pace, I wanted to have as much time with him as I could, even though we had all the time in the world. He didn't answer. “Micheal?” He didn't respond. I stopped walking. He finally looked at me, “I was watching over my family.” I knew that he missed them, he hadn't “died” that long ago, and once you “die” you can't be with your family again. You're either alone or you find a new “family” or simply just fade away. Luckily Pete and I were found, so we didn't have to look, Micheal on the other hand, he was lost, alone, and helpless. His family didn't know what was going on, they couldn't help. Micheal didn't let them know the pain that he was going through.
We become, who we are because of the people who hate us, the people who make fun of us, the people who beat and torture us. All of the feelings we get from them, gets inside of us, it changes us, first it makes us have the flu, then it gets worse, we start to get scabs, headaches, which turn into never ending migraines. We eventually can't walk, we get weak, our speech becomes slurred. Our insides can't stand what other people have done to us, they twist and turn, pull away from where they belong and start to want out. And they get out without us even knowing it.
There aren't many people who can cure us in that stage, it's there gift there born with. They search for the curable, and cure, who they cure becomes there family. They teach them, love them, and control them.
Ryan is Pete, Micheal's, and my savior. We found Micheal at night, on the basketball court, people were beating him, we didn't know that he was at the end of the stages, he was dying right then and there, the boys that were beating him didn't care, they were doing it because they thought he deserved it, just because he was different, he couldn't fight back. Ryan didn't know what to do he had never been in a situation like that. Pete and I stood in and took Micheal to the hospital, we let the doctors do there thing then took him to Ryan. The doctors informed his family that he was going to die, that there was no way possible for him to live through this. Ryan immediately bite him, gave him a life again, one he could never get out of. The night he became one of us, there was a storm, no one was allowed on the roads, his family was worried about him, but they couldn't do anything, they knew that they would never see him again. We all knew that he might of died, that we could've been too late, but we all hoped, and that was enough for him to live. That was enough to give him life.
Ryan had taught him, trained him, and we all loved him. I loved him more then the others, there was something special about him. Something that I felt towards him, to me it was indescribable; he made me feel alive, and special.
Micheal's mother and younger brother had a funeral for him, the boys who “killed” him were in jail, and Micheal was finally getting used to us, to us being a “family.”
He was 13 when he became one of us, which was only 5 years ago years ago, he had never checked on his family before, It caught me off guard, even though Ryan had been teaching him to control for about since he became “family”, he hadn't fully gotten it yet. Neither had Pete, nor had I.
“Really, oh, well how are they?” We started walking again. “My mom is dead, she had heart disease” his thoughts trailed off, I could feel it. “Your brother?” I asked, not sure if he would answer, “He's doing well, he was thinking about me when I got there.” I could feel that he didn't want to talk right then, I decided to drop the subject, we needed to get home.
“Is the coast clear?” I asked, he turned around, and then turned back, he closed his eyes and focused, he opened his eyes, “When I say, “yes””.
We kept on walking on the side of the street, one car went past us. I turned towards Micheal. Waiting for the “yes” he waited a minute then said “yes”. We immediately started running, and in seconds we were home. The red Mercedes was in the driveway, in between the dark blue Jaguar and the black Corvette. “Too bad we didn't beat them.” I said and snickered, “Too bad we got wet and they didn't.” he replied, “Well maybe they should get wet.” I said, along with a wink. “Got it.” he said.
We walked inside, Pete let out a sigh of relief when we both walked in. Ryan coughed, obviously wanting attention. “Now?” he said, “Now” I responded, and we both transformed into our wolf form and shook as hard as we could, water flew all over Pete, Ryan was smart enough to duck behind the counter. “Guh-eyes” Pete whined. We both transformed back into human form and started laughing; we both fell on the floor. Pete soon started laughing too. When we were done laughing, someone knocked at the door.
We were all lying on the floor, too tired to get up. All at once we yelled for Ryan to get the door. “Fine” he said, he sighed and walked over to the door. The doorbell rang, “I'm coming, I'm coming.” I heard a grunt. I looked at Pete and then at Micheal, “was that you” I asked. I sat up, they followed. “No?”, I looked over at Ryan, he looked sick. “Ryan, did you hear that?”, I whispered, he turned around, “Yeah, we should go, now.”
“Wait, what is it.” asked Micheal. I looked at Ryan, we were both thinking the same thing, “It's the monster” I paused, waiting for Ryan's “ok” to continue my explanation, “The one that was at the school, it wasn't too faund of me, Pete put it in the car, then he had a vision, I looked in the car and it was gone.” The doorbell rang again. “It tracked the car scent.” said Pete.
We were all silent; the monster started banging at the door, just like it did to the classroom door. I knew that Ryan wouldn't let me do the same thing here as I did at the school. We all were looking at Ryan, Ryan was looking at Pete, it was so unfair that they had mind reading 24/7 and I only had it when I drank my blood. I started to get up, doing it slowly just in case Ryan flipped out on me. I looked at his facial expression and I knew immediately to sit back down. I sat closer to Micheal, he made me feel safe, stronger. We just stared at each other; we both flinched every time the monster banged at the door. I grabbed his hand and put my head on his chest, his heartbeat didn't sound the same. “Are you ok?” I mouthed, he shook his head. I gave him a confused look, I stroked my hand in his hair hoping to relax him, he laid back. His heartbeat was double the speed of mine. I placed my hand on his chest, and bit the wrist if the other. I started to get numb, but immediately got my feeling back, Micheal was definitely my potion. I started to use my heart power, to calm his. He nodded, telling me that he was fine.
Pete was now using his voice to talk with Ryan. “We can do this, he's alone anyways, Nicole did it earlier at the school, I was right there, I saw her do it!”, Pete stood up. Ryan just sighed, turned around and opened the door. It wasn't the same monster, it couldn't be, it's eyes were a pale blue, it's skin was now a deep shade of orange, and it now took the form of a human. “The scent is the same.” I said, the monster immediately walked in.
I stood up, pulling Micheal up with me. The monster looked me in the eyes, I knew I could take it on, I knew I could kill it this time, I almost did the last time but Pete was there. Ryan stood next to the open door. Pete was still laying on the floor, being silent, which wasn't normal. Ryan got in my head, which gave me a headache when ever he did, “I'm leaving this to you and Micheal, Pete and I are going to run and inform the others in Washington, the monsters friends are headed that way, this one was making a special stop just to see us.” I nodded, then told Micheal the same, he looked a little scared.
He had been training with Ryan, but had never been in a real fight, Pete and I had been doing this for years.
I blinked and Ryan had vanished. “The north, track us.” I nodded and Pete disappeared.
“You ready?” I asked a loud, “I hope so.” Micheal replied. The monsters eyes turned a red again, “This will be easy I promise.”
The monster walked slowly towards us, I bit one last time, hoping I would still have the strength, Micheal closed his eyes, The door shut. The windows broke and the air got thick. I faced Micheal, he was doing a pretty good job for a first timer. I let go of his hand, and jumped behind the monster, it grunted, confused, it ran towards Micheal.
I immediately jumped in front of it. “Now.” I said, and snapped my fingers, which sounded more like thunder. I pushed the monster and it flew out the door and on to the Jaguar parked outside, It fell on its back.
The wind became strong and the Monster put its hands together like it was praying, thunder struck Micheal and I. We both fell to the floor; it wasn't supposed to work like this.
“Now, Dammit.”
“Hold on.”
The monster was furious, I didn't have the strength, the risk of biting one more time was deadly. It was up to Micheal. He stood up and laced his fingers around each other, “Now.” he whispered.
The monster was immediately in flames, it's cry hurt my ears. I tried to stand up, my arms gave out, I fell right back down. Black Magick was usually my specialty on days like these, but today I guess was Micheal's day. He took a step towards me, grabbed my hand. I stood up “Your amazing, you know that?”, “I've had people tell me.” he replied with a grin. “Well, I guess that we'll come back and clean the ashes, Pete said they were going north, they can't be that far.” I started running out the door.
“You have the scent?” he asked, “Had it before they left.” I replied.
It would only be a matter of minutes before we were face-to-face with more monsters, I didn't know if I could hold on much longer.