Status: Finished.

The "Family" Secret

Training

It started to rain again. The water made my vision fuzzy; we were almost to the border of Washington, in Astoria. Micheal decided that running wasn't the best thing to do, we needed all the strength we could get, and biting wasn't on our to do list.
We were hungry and thirsty, Micheal hadn't hunted while he was watching over his family, he didn't know if he could control himself. I had been living off of myself for the past week, we both knew that we needed to hunt before we got any closer to Pete, and Ryan.
My last bite was still letting me use my power, I searched for Ryan. He was already in Olympia, which didn't really surprise me; he was the fastest of us all.
“Ryan we need food, can you meet us somewhere?” I knew that he didn't need food, but he needed to watch us, make sure we didn't go berserk. “The North Cascades, be there.” was all he replied, he probably didn't want to talk right now, he had a lot to think about.
“Micheal, we need to go to the North Cascades, I don't know what we'll find there but Ryan knows what to do, I hope.” We both sighed and started running again. I grabbed Micheal's hand, and surprisingly he didn't materialize, I was shocked, he was learning faster then I thought he would. “Wow, you are really something; you’re a fast learner for a newborn.” I smiled and looked at his expression; he just smiled and let out a small laugh. “Ryan had been saying that I'm the easiest, he said that you were stubborn.”he laughed again. I just shook my head and looked where I was going, going as fast as we were, I had a feeling that we would hit something, even though people would assume that it was just a thunderstorm.
We made our way to Seattle, I had been there once before but Micheal hadn't been far from home. “The last time I was here was 2 years ago, Ryan wanted to see how fast we were getting, he had us run up the space needle.” I paused “2 years went by pretty fast.”
He stopped running, it caught me off guard. “Where was I 2 years ago?” he asked. I tried to remember, I went through my thoughts, searched and searched. I closed my eyes. “You were at home, you weren't awake yet, and for some reason Ryan left you home, you weren't trained yet, you were still sleeping, we didn't know if you were ever going to wake up, you worried me.” I walked over to him, and grabbed his hand, “We didn't give up hope though, Ryan used all his strength, didn't get rest, you were his goal, for 3 years, he focused just on you.” I trailed off, he knew that I couldn't remember most stuff from long ago.
“Let's go, I'm not feeling well.” he started running leaving me behind. It probably wasn't safe for us to run and stop, and then start running again, people watching probably thought they were losing their minds. I caught up to him and we ran all the to the Cascades.
Ryan and Pete were wrestling on a rock, Pete would grab Ryan's arm, then Ryan would grab Pete's leg and make him fall, they did that over and over again. Ryan finally noticed our scent, Micheal was invisible, and I wasn't moving. Ryan jumped off the rock, “Finally, we didn't know if you guys went off track.” Pete jumped off of the rock and onto Ryan's back, “I knew that you guys were just taking your time, I wasn't worried.”
“Can Micheal materialize now?” I turned around to where he was standing; he was digging his shoe in the dirt. “Yeah, I need to teach you all something before we go again.”
Micheal materialized and stood by my side. Ryan stood back on the rock, and put his hands above his head, “Now I want everyone to do what I do.” We knew that this was a teaching lesson; we hadn't had one of these for months.
“Why are we doing this?” asked Micheal while he was raising his hands above his head. “You need to control your hunger, if you follow what I do then you won’t always be hungry, it will simply disappear.” Ryan then took a deep breath, held it and let it out slowly. “I always wondered why we still had the ability to breath, we don't need to, but it helps us, right?” I asked, “Exactly.” said Ryan. He then laced his fingers around each other, and told us to watch closely.
Sparks began to appear on his wrists, he looked like a diamond with the suns reflection on it. He took another deep breath. He jumped off of the rock and started walking towards me slowly, “Focus on the surroundings, picture yourself looking like me, get in other people's heads if you have to, then you have to believe, believe you can survive off of the heat.”
Pete started sparking; I couldn't get in anyone’s head. I had to do this myself. Micheal was in discomfort, I could feel it. I closed my eyes, and pictured myself and him, on top of the rock, glowing, the sparks brighter then Ryan's.
I opened my eyes and could see the sparks coming from my body. Micheal's pain was gone, our hunger was fulfilled. Ryan walked over to Micheal, he wasn't sparking anymore, but Micheal still was. Ryan took a deep breath and placed his index finger on Micheal's wrist. Micheal's eyes closed, and then immediately opened, his eyes were now a golden brown. He gasped, I had never heard him breathe, or even gasp, it was startling. He started to fall slowly, Ryan immediately grabbed him and slapped his wrists, Micheal shrieked of pain.
I ran to Micheal and grabbed his hand, he tried to bite me. I fall back, tears started to fall from my eyes, why would he do this, what's wrong with him? Pete came to my side, Ryan was holding Micheal back. I stood up and Micheal started to relax, I walked over to him, being prepared to jump back. “Let me, please Ryan.” I put my hand on his shoulder. He released his grip on Micheal, and I sat in front of Micheal, inches from his face.
His eyes were starting to get there natural beautiful blue color back, I grabbed his hand tightly so that he couldn't release from my grip. He shrieked. I closed my eyes. Sparks came from my finger tips and went into his skin, he hissed. I couldn't bare the pain anymore, I stood up and took a couple steps back. Pete's jaw dropped, Ryan just stared at me, I started to cry again. I ached all over, I couldn't quit shaking. “Wha, What happened to him?” I looked up at Ryan and Pete, Ryan just shook his head. Micheal just laid there, screaming from the pain, I wiped my tears and laid next to him, I put my head on his chest, his heart wasn't even beating. “Ryan, what the hell is happening?” I screamed. “Tell me.” I started to sob again, “Ryan.”
He picked me up and whispered, “He's fine, just stay calm, he took to much, he was too thirsty, his hunger is gone, and his thirst is taking over, we need to leave him for a while.” I laid back next to Micheal, he was actually breathing, his heart was faint, his breath sounded like a whisper. I put my head on his chest and immediately fell asleep.