Status: Finished.

The "Family" Secret

The Fiend

When I woke up I could see trees flying past me. I wasn't running, I was on someone’s back. I immediately got a headache; I put my hand on my head, trying to stop the pain. “Don't move your going to make me drop you.” I gasped, the cold air felt painful in my lungs. “Micheal?” I mumbled, “What, what are you doing?” He turned his head to the right and looked at me, “I'm taking you home, you really need to rest, you passed out on me and when I woke up it felt like a log was on my chest, you were out cold, Ryan and Pete are going to Bellingham, we're almost home, we just went over the Longview bridge.”
I yawned, “Oh okay, well tell me if you need a rest, then we can trade spots.” I let out a chuckle. “Yeah I'll let you know.” he replied. I closed my eyes and fell back asleep.
When I woke up we were home in Portland, it was dark outside, but it was silent. I was lying on the couch, Why couldn't he put me in my bed, better yet his? I sat up, my neck was stiff and there was drool on my chin. “Micheal” I said, no response. I reached over to the white button on the wall, “Micheal, hello?” I said, and released the button, still no response. I stood up and walked into the kitchen, there was a note on the counter
I went out to get coffee, I'll be back soon, and you looked too sweet to wake up.
I love you,
Micheal.

I went and turned on the light, even though I didn't need it too see, it made me feel normal. There was a knock at the door, “Why would Micheal knock?, wait, what if it's not him?” I stood still for a second, thinking that I imagined the noise. There was another knock, followed by a grunt. I gasped, the monster was back? I fell to the floor, my knees felt weak, I was too weak to stand, I couldn't defeat the monster by myself, not now. I decided to stay sitting on the kitchen floor until Micheal got back, hoping that the monster wouldn't break the door down. The knocking stopped, I grabbed my cell phone off of the counter and pressed 1, it started ringing, “Hey, your awake”
“Micheal, you need to get home, right now!” I whispered
“Waitareyouokay?” he was talking so fast it sounded like one word.
“I think the monster's back; it's been knocking at the door for a while, just get home, now.”
“Okay I'll be there in a minute, hold in there.”
“Bye,”
And I hung up. I started shaking, my teeth were chattering. I laid my head on the cold tiled floor, I heard footsteps behind the counter, the floor was creaking, whatever it was, it growled.
My heart started pounding faster then usual, I started breathing, even though it didn't calm me down, or make my strength some back like it was supposed to. Why am i so scared, I almost killed one yesterday? Ever since Micheal came back, I haven't been able to focus.
I heard a huff come from behind the counter, it was getting closer. I took a deep breath and slowly got up. I ran to the bedroom and jumped out the window. Whatever was inside wouldn't have seen me; I waited at the bottom of the driveway, seconds later Micheal was there. “Micheal.” I shrieked, I hugged him, I heard his body crack but he didn't care. “I'm scared, it's in the kitchen, I don't know why I'm so scared, I almost killed one yesterday by myself.” I started rambling. “Is it because I know I'm weak right now, because I need more rest, Micheal what is it?”
He grabbed my shoulders and looked my in the eyes, “You're weak right now, you're just freaking out, and I don't know why, usually you would've just killed whatever was in there, and then would've told me all about it when I got back,” He had a confused look on his face, “Let's go see what it is, okay?” He took my hand and led me back up the driveway, he opened the door, and sitting in the kitchen was a wolf. “What the hell?” I stepped inside, Micheal became invisible. I turned my head to the side, I was confused. “What are you doing in here?” I said. The wolf turned around. It transformed into its human form.
There stood a boy, no older then I was, he was just staring at me, looking confused. “Can I help you?” I asked and took a step towards him, he just hissed. “Wow calm down.” I said taking another step towards him, “What are you doing in here?” He crouched down; his eyes were a deep red. I jumped behind him and wrapped my arm around his neck, his hissing was deep, and he was obviously thirsty. “Micheal where are you?” I looked around, he wasn't there. Why did the fiend come here, there's plenty others in Portland?
Then Pete and Ryan walked in the door, I just stood there trying not to let go of the fiend. When Ryan saw me he just shook his head, Pete just stood there, his jaw dropped. “What?” I asked, as if I was just doing the most casual thing you could think of. “Where did that come from?” Pete said, pointing to the bloodthirsty fiend. I laughed, giving Ryan a worried look, “Yeah, oh this thing, yeah, I don't really know, I woke up, and then ...can you guys help me already, this isn't comfortable?” They both came and grabbed him, and threw him in the bedroom, “He'll leave, right?” I said. “He better, I don't want any more fighting.” Said Pete as he was falling down on the couch, “Yeah that was something wasn't it?” Ryan said as he helped me get to a kitchen stool to sit down.
Where's Micheal? I looked at Ryan, giving him a worried look. “Micheal's going to go get the monster what he wants, he'll leave us alone.” Ryan said as he gave me a hug, “He'll be back in a minute.” And sure enough Micheal was back, not even a minute later.
“So, what happened up in Bellingham?” he asked when we all were sitting around the fire, Ryan looked at Pete, who was asleep on the couch, “It wasn't what we were expecting, thats for sure” I got up and moved by Micheal, I needed to get my strength back. Micheal just put his arm around me and listened to Ryan. “The monster's friends were planning to get my family, because I had gotten his centuries ago, they attacked my parents in the 1800's and my parents were the first to use the black magick on a fiend, all of the fiends died except for a couple.” Ryan paused, “He tracked me all these years and finally got the strength to attack my family.” He just stopped talking, and looked down. “So the one at the school, was really after us, it wasn't just some freak coincidence?”, Ryan shook his finger at me, “The one at the school was trying to pick up your scent, not to get you.” I just nodded; everything made sense to me now. “So there not coming back, right?” Ryan shook his head, “Nope, Pete was good with his chakra and it lasted the whole battle, my black magick and his chakra finished them off for good this time.”
Micheal clapped, “Good job guys” I rolled my eyes, “you are so weird, you know that right?” He just looked at me, “But in a good way, I love weird guys like you.”, “Well I love pretty girls like you.” he replied, he picked me up and ran to the upstairs bedroom, and threw me on the bed. “And pretty girls like you need your rest.” he said, I quickly got up and dragged him to the bed, “And weird guys like you need to help pretty girls like me get that rest.” We both fell on the bed; he stroked his hand through my hair. His face was so peaceful; it made me want to melt. I put my head on his chest, his heartbeat was faint, and slow, it made me relax.
The last thing I remember before falling asleep was hearing his soothing voice say “I love you.”